Genealogists Help Please!

Quote:
I was not aware of this but I did find one not too far from me. Is it possible I will be able to find marriage/death records there? What about deed/will info. or is that a courthouse thing?
I really need to get this done and it's not that easy for me to go out on my own to do research so I'm trying to make the most of the time I have and figure out what will be worthwhile.

Thanks so much for your tips and help!

You will have to go to the courthouse for the area they lived in for the deeds and wills.

Some localities and states are gathering birth, marriage and death information on the internet. You could also check the US GENWEB project. http://www.usgenweb.org/

The one ancestor that really had my Dad's side of the family stumped was Benjamin F Pasely. Sometimes I would find this person written as BF Pasley and others were written as Ben Paceley which I know the Paceley was NOT formed until my great grandfather changed it. We dont know why he changed from Pasley to Paceley.

He was a tavernkeeper in Ohio in the early to mid 1800's and moved to Indiana where all of his descendents are located in Spencer IN. His wife was a daughter of a doctor. The family was from Scotland but not sure which ancestor that would be.

From there on, I can not find BF Pasley any further than that even with all the websites shown, it was not listed. He has been missing from the census a great deal.

His son was William James Pasley, my great grt grandfather. Was a farmer in Spencer, IN.

I have another great great grandfather that REALLY had me stumped was William H Carlson who he was born in Sweden and had a son and grandson named after him. All I know he was a blue eyed, blond haired gentleman who married his wife named Elizabeth Lucille (maiden name unknown). I do not find him anywhere at all except for a sight tracing of his son and grandson who has lived here in Illinois. I am so certain it may not be Carlson but maybe in a Swedish name of Karlson or Karlsson, etc. I have NO information on him except what my grandfather told me before he passed away and he does not know any further than that except for the possible year he was born and died. Vague at best! No one has that information just yet. Might be that he snuck in the US?

Back
Top Bottom