General space questions

An option, since you are in design phase, is to draw in expandability. That way, you can try it and find out. If the size flock you want is happy, congrats! If not, tack on that addition you prepared for when the project was still pencil and paper.

Yeah, that is a big problem. You would either have to get a bunch and then cull the roos, or get sex-linked.
I could NEVER bring myself to cull any birds, least of all ones that I was attached to. Mypetchicken offers sexed bantams, so I'll do some research on whether or not they are usually accurate.

An option, since you are in design phase, is to draw in expandability. That way, you can try it and find out. If the size flock you want is happy, congrats! If not, tack on that addition you prepared for when the project was still pencil and paper.
Ah, that could be a good idea! the coop will be the same size no matter what. Maybe I could make a smaller door to add more run? The human door would stay the same, but I could add some more run space on. Thanks!

Yeah, I could in no way either, but it's an option for some people. While it is definitely possible to sex bantams, most hatcheries don't bother since they, and their organs, are so tiny.

Yeah, I could in no way either, but it's an option for some people. While it is definitely possible to sex bantams, most hatcheries don't bother since they, and their organs, are so tiny.
I think that my 'research' on their sexing accuracy with the bantams is going to be posting a thread asking about other people's experiences with them XD

Back
Top Bottom