Genesis 1588 Headaches!!! ugh! Won't reset itself to factory settings

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by High Roost Ranch, May 11, 2011.

1. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

So I fire up my 1588 to start hatching FINALLY, and the temp spikes to 120 degrees. I've tried repeatedly to reset it per instructions, but no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas I can try before I order the replacement electronics? Again, I've reset, reset, reset it and it refuses to go back to factory settings. All while I have 44 eggs here ready to set. Go figure, eh?

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Are you sure the problem isn't the thermometer?

I've never reset my Genesis 1588, can't help you there. Best of luck!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Same thing happened to me the first year I had mine. I called GQF and they replaced the electronics free of charge... (I had to pay for shipping)....

I have the feeling I'll be buy new electronics for mine again come the first of December as it wouldn't get above 97 on the last couple of days of my Easter Hatch.

4. High Roost Ranch

The thermometer may not be the most accurate but I can tell it's out of bounds tremendously by the blast of furnace like heat that comes out of it when I lift the lid. It did this to me right after I bought it last year, once, and I was able to reset it. No such luck this time.

5. High Roost Ranch

Quote:I'm in discussion with them right now about what route to go. Trying to get it covered because of the same problem I had within 4 months of purchasing it last year. But $79 each time gets to be spendy... [​IMG]

6. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Try unplugging the power, then plug in and reset. You got nothin' to lose!

7. High Roost Ranch

I tried that too. Several times. Grrrr is this ever frustrating!!! I waited all winter for my birds to start laying and now this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by