Genesis Hova-Bator vs Brower Top Hatch

I have found that my 1588 makes waiting for the hatch a lot easier as well. What I mean is that, because there is so little to do (I have the auto-turner), I only have to glance at my gauges once a day and add water every few days if necessary. I can then keep my mind off the eggs and work on other things rather than reminding myself, several times a day, that I have eggs waiting to hatch! Now, I find that day 21 sneaks up on me faster than ever. Oh, and the thing functions like a dream too

Richard

I was excited when i got my brower top hatch incubator, the concept is so great. the first and second hatches were about 85 percent. then on the third hatch the thing malfunctioned about two weeks in, lost those eggs. I contacted the brower company and sent it back per instructions(I had to pay shipping by the way) I got it back set it up and put eggs in it again. Same thing, two weeks into the hatching it stopped again. This was two settings of eggs I had lost. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I asked at that time for my money to be refunded.

Like i said the concept and the incubator are great ideas, maybe i just got a lemon, but i wouldnt have another one. just too expensive to malfunction and then have to pay shipping to sent it back when it goes bad.

My tophatch is going back to the mfr today, at my expense, of course
sad.png
The tophatch may be OK for hatching......and I thought hard about that before returning it. BUT, it would be even worst to lose your entire hatch at day 20 because of a malfunction.

I have two 1588's on the way, one used, one new. With the 2 batches of eggs I've lost, I could have easily paid the difference, and not had this frustration.

I forgot to mention, I ordered my Genesis from GQF's website Friday. Can't wait until it gets here!!
ya.gif

Thanks all for the input in helping me make this decision!!
clap.gif

Hi, I don't know squat about chickens, but for some strange reason I became interested in blue Orpingtons (go figure). I bought two dozen fertile bO eggs and a new Brower THI20 (their newest model) incubator. I put the eggs in on April 24, so I'm on my fifth day. It seems so simple so far, "just add water".
BTW, I was told that the Brower THI20 is a big improvement over the older one with a high, clear dome cover. Mine has a high, flat, clear cover and will incubate as many as 40 chicken eggs.

Last edited:
For anyone else waiting for a Genesis, I just talked to Mary at GFQ.

She told me that the HB 1588 (plus turner) which I ordered a week ago today has not yet been shipped, but that they "hope" to ship it by the end of the week....

Susan

Back
Top Bottom