Genesis incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shellimac, Feb 15, 2008.

1. shellimac

shellimac Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2008
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Anyone using one, can you tell me how you like it? I have a still air Hova-Bator w/ autoturner now, full of eggs but am seriously on the edge of getting another incubator. Thanks, Karen

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I just bought one [​IMG] because of all the good reviews around here! (its in the mail)

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    LOVE IT! No messing with the temps. It's worth every penny I didn't pay for it (it was a gift [​IMG])

4. urbanagrarian

urbanagrarian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I like mine. I got it in December and have done two hatches with it and have never adjusted the temperature ever. I will never go back to the older dial type of thermostat incubator again. I'm thinking of a 2nd one for a hatcher even though I don't really need it, but I WANT it.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got 2 of them plus a 1590 which is the older version. I like them a lot. I use them both as incubators and hatcher.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I got one and never looked back...been going on for three years and only replaced the heating coil element last month. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

It is much better than the wafer kind!

Be sure to get a Flukers therometer than the one comes with the incubator....throw that one out because it is not consistent.

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I bought the Genesis after giving up regulating my Little Giant. I've got eggs in it now on day 7 and can see veins ( candled tonight ). The temp has stayed consistant and all I do is check the humidity daily. I like the larger viewing window and better water tray for the humidity. I'll let you know in 14 more days how well I like it.

8. shellimac

shellimac Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2008
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm just going to go order me one. There are going to be several different batches of eggs coming and I don't want to try it with only one incubator. I'll probably get one on ebay since I have a $25. ebay giftcard to help defray cost. Karen

9. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I got mine off ebay from Cutler supply. It arrived in 3 days! Cutler is great and their feedback is excellent.

10. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Mine is on the fex-ex truck as we speak en-route to my house. I just checked. I have the R-Com 20 and I love it because its brainless! But I wanted a second and couldn't afford the second R-Com. Thanks for all the other feedback, Im glad every one loves thiers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by