Genetics Gurus Please Help! Working Towards True Breeding Olive Eggers

That would mess up my later sex-link plans because those later hens would only have one barring gene, right?

If rooster has two solid/not barred genes, and hen has only a single barring gene, would that create sex linked chicks?
Wait I confused myself then answered my own question. If I use a solid F1 roo and a barred later-generation hen with one barring gene, the offspring will still be sex-linked.
Yes. Hens can only have one barring gene.

Olive Egg from the EE Rooster's Daughter.
View attachment 2836279View attachment 2836280
That top one looks tan to me, not green, and the bottom one looks off white, but maybe it's the camera/my computer. If it looks like it has green in it in real life. But again, do you know the genetics of the mother of the bird who laid this? How can you ever be sure who has what genetics if all you can base things off of is from trying to reverse-engineer the info?

Last edited:
That top one looks tan to me, not green, and the bottom one looks off white, but maybe it's the camera/my computer. If it looks like it has green in it in real life. But again, do you know the genetics of the mother of the bird who laid this? How can you ever be sure who has what genetics if all you can base things off of is from trying to reverse-engineer the info?
It's olive green. Same egg, just wet, & dry.

Mother was a Brahma, Father was the EE with double Blue.

Back
Top Bottom