Genetics of a calico princess

You have them?
When did you get them?
Moonshiner....I love your auto signature and profile! I am getting some Calico Princess' (2) end of this month. Looks like I need to report some info on the web, so we can establish some breed characteristics. I am just looking for large eggs, and a bird that isn't noisy and problematic.

Moonshiner....I love your auto signature and profile! I am getting some Calico Princess' (2) end of this month. Looks like I need to report some info on the web, so we can establish some breed characteristics. I am just looking for large eggs, and a bird that isn't noisy and problematic.
Thank you

With enough knowledge of genetics and input from the breed(chick pictures and adult male and female pics) there is secret to their genetics. I did a quick search and these CP Chickens dont have a set phenotype, seems like mongrels that are columbian based

They were developed by a Czech company and had a set phenotype.
Hoover's imported parental stock eggs and started their own flock. Problem is I suspect Hoover's may have since changed the birds used as parental stock.
That's what they did with the Sapphire Gems.

I did a search for Calico Princess online and found a description stating that it’s a Czech breed created by crossing a “red barred male” with a Colombian female. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom