Genetics : Take a guess before hatch : Pics

_MG_5076.jpg

Older smooth - dark skinned female.
Wow, very pretty chicken! I'm not a fan of the varieties with the big crests, but that little crown of feathers is neat on her. Very fancy, I like it!

wow... they do... look at my boy´s shank.. they are getting darker and darker as he age.. by the time he is a young rooster he will have all black/slate shanks... and look at her she is a beauty
Both very healthy, active, and good eaters.

Funny, she is very outgoing and brave. She has, from a few days old, come after my hand when I reach out, all puffed up. Now she will come sit with me, eat out of my hand. She never runs from me.

He is more timid, doesn't want a thing to do with me.

Different personalities. And people say "they are JUST chickens, they don't have personalities"

Funny, she is very outgoing and brave. She has, from a few days old, come after my hand when I reach out, all puffed up. Now she will come sit with me, eat out of my hand. She never runs from me.

Different personalities. And people say "they are JUST chickens, they don't have personalities"
well he is a boy, if you pick him up that means you are his boss, boys like to be their own boss.. hens are submissive by nature..

Aw very good point.
my boys(when grown up) run away from me(except when I´m about to fee them) the hens whe I approach them they think I´m about to mount them and do the mating stance... thats how it works when you are boss

edit. keep us updated as they grow ok..

thanks
Marvin

Last edited:

Funny, she is very outgoing and brave. She has, from a few days old, come after my hand when I reach out, all puffed up. Now she will come sit with me,  eat out of my hand.  She never runs from me.

I find my boys are usually more friendly from the get-go.. Except for the silkies.. My boys are more shy as day olds. At least in my experience. My Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers and Houdans - the boys are usually more daring. I haven't had many that WANT to be held, but they approach with less fear than the girls.

Back
Top Bottom