George RR Martin totally...spoiler alert...

If you are posting a spoiler it is best to separate it from the main post.

SO now that a major spoiler has been unleashed, has the latest book come out?

I go to Hbo's game of thrones site real regular as I was SOOOO happy w.the series, I have been impatiently waiting for season 2 supposed to start in April.

I listen to the geeky shows on the radio about the books/series. They did interviews with various people and said that not A dance w/dragons but a feast for Crows, grew SOOO cumbersome he had to split it. Dance was supposed to be in the same time as Feast but in the other side.

Critics say he has become like Jordan became and wanted to pump out more money and get viewers for the tv series. I don't think that's true.

If you want to be ticked off try reading Robert Jordans Eye of the world.In the begining its great, but by say book 7/8 he gets so ridiculous with the "filler' using up a lot of space with clothes, food etc, NOT moving the story along at all!! So I worry that Martin will blunder there. But Martin is much better at layering the angles/sides of the story.

Oh lord I hope not! I did not mind the filling in so much... Ok well I guess I did. Lol. I was hoping for some resolution. I was kept waiting for more. I am just looking for progress in the next book, and I hope that we will not have to wait 5 years for it. I would think he has it done since "Dance" was finished pretty much the same time as "Feast".

I am so pathetic. I will wait till May to order HBO, when the next season is about over, have a marathon viewing, then cancel HBO as soon as the series is over! Lol.

Last edited:
Recent interviews with Martin say he is "working on it" but it is not done. He has many people say they want it out quick and he says tough, it will be done when I say and I won't be rushed.

Just this week I read Fever Dream by him as someone else said it was SOOO good. It is along the lines of Interview with a vampire but he published it before Rice wrote hers. Very distinct differences too. You may like reading that or Hedge knight till the series comes out.

I really like the Outstretched shadow trilogy by Mercedes Lackey and a guy. THAT was what got me into the fantasy thing. I could NOT put the outstretched shadow books down till done. Now in paperback so cheap.

Back
Top Bottom