1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Georgetown Texas

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by sirhc76, Oct 9, 2011.

1. sirhc76

sirhc76 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just wanted to post this since I believe its about to be voted on by the council.

http://urbanfarming.georgetown.org/

I still think that a proper form of showing the benefits of a backyard flock would be for members to send eggs to the city managers office. Pick a city and ask all able members to mail a single egg, after awhile they would get the point [​IMG]

2. ChixMama

ChixMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Central Texas
    Let them know your neighbors to the south, Round Rock, allows up to 5 chickens. Maybe a little "peer pressure" will help [​IMG] . As long as they are kept 25' away from the neighbor's home then it's ok. Our animal control is very supportive, too. When a "neighbor" called to complain that our chickens were causing their yard to have fleas (our yard, chickens or dog mysteriously do not have flease!) they left a card on our door. My husband called & talked with them and he just asked how many birds we had, etc. My husband invited him to come to see our coop anytime and he said there was no need, we were within code and not to worry about it. Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by