Georgia/Alabama Swap Day June 13 Cedartown, Ga Ya'll Come!!!!

It is official. This swap has been put to bed. I had a great time meeting and having a time of fellowship with everyone. Thanks to James, Robin, and Karen and for the great job.

The turnout was off some but I think everyone had a fun time. I know I did. I only wish I had about 100 frizzles. Maybe next time.

Roy

We had a great time at the swap also. We left with a Frzzle pair, a BLRW pair, Salmon Faverolles chicks, quail trio, and hatching eggs. We also won 2 rooster mugs in the raffle. It was a great time...the only regret was were didn't apply sunblock(we thought it was too overcast to get too burnt
roll.png
). And the children regret that they didn't bring enough money. Now I can tell them they have until Sept or Oct to save up.
big_smile.png

Thanks to everyone that helped make it all possible. Hubby hopes the funnel cakes turn out next time....he is a sucker for snacks.

Carly

Oh what a great day!!! This was my first chicken event altogether and I had a blast!!! Thank you to Karen who was so gracious to split a pair of frizzles with me as my dear husband would not let me have another pair of anything just a pullet to go with what I already have..okay enough of that...it was great to meet several of you and I so wished I had stayed longer. I hear I won some hatching eggs which excites me to no end...WOOHOOO!@!!!!

Thank you and I can't wait for the next one!!!

Autumn

Ok, so I swore I wasn't going to come home with anything but knowledge and the aquarium (I think I have an idea of where Robin spent the money from that sale
big_smile.png
). And of course, came home with 3 Wellsummer babies, and 22 hatching eggs! Of course the only way to have come home empty handed would have been to leave the cash at home. Many thanks to all those who participated and shared their birds and wisdom and especially to Robin, Karen (and their DHs) and James (and his family) for their generously bringing it all together!
Now, since my Henny didn't suddenly go broody today, I wonder if I can convince my corgi to set these eggs...
smile.png

The funnel cakes will be practiced and practiced until we get them right for next time! I really wanted to do them too, but it just did not work out for today.
I am feeling better after a shower and a little rest off my feet.

This was our first time going to a chicken swap and it was fun. We ended up getting 3 buff orlington hens and a rooster. Thanks everyone for explaining some things to us we really appreciate it. We will see you at the next swap. We got home and built a hen house and fenced off part of the yard for them. We just have to figure out how to keep them in the fenced area now they tend to fly up about 2-3 ft and get over the fence. Which is not too bad because we have a 6 ft fence around our yard.

Thanks again all.

Alyce and Milton
cool.png

First of all, we would like to say thanks to James for allowing us to congregate at his beautiful place. He and his family was most gracious!
Secondly, we would like to say thanks to Lockedhearts, Pumpkinpup & their better halves for making all this possible for us BYCers to get together for such a wonderful event. I know they worked hard!!! We left with blue copper marans, blrws, and Bryson was lucky enough to win twice at the raffle for some planting kits and eggs from Karen.
Had fun making Ice Cream (hope everyone enjoyed it!) and we too forgot to apply sunscreen - ouch! I know we are such babies, lol. Looking forward to this fall. With fingers crossed we can work on having the fall event at the indoor location.
Look forward to seeing everyone again!

PS Thanks Roy, Lee and Ginny for sharing all of your knowledge with us! And yes Ginny we are HAPPY you took the kitten home!!!lol

Sorry I'm getting on here a bit late. As soon as I got home and barely got everyone settled back into their pens I got a call from someone at church that one of our members lost his brother and they were having the viewing tonight. So, we've been gone ALL day.

I also want to thank James and his family for being so gracious to welcome onto his beautiful farm. A Big thanks also to Robin & Karen & their good sported husbands to jump right in along side them. They did a great job on the grill the burgers and dogs were Great! Thanks to EVERYONE who came out to make it an enjoyable day, can't wait for the next one!
I also had a terrific time meeting everyone and putting faces with user names. Even my dh hubby who is not the biggest chicken fan, but loves turkeys, came. He even enjoyed himself and found something that he liked.... PunkerTechNoRooster's boston terrier LOL!
I will be more than glad to help advertise for the next one because we will definately be there. I'll hopefully have more selection next time to bring with me, and I also plan on coming up with some stuff to throw in for the raffle next time too if we have one again. Btw, all the donations from members for the raffle drawing was Greatly Appreciated!

I did pretty good, I only came home with 3 quail, one homemade feeder, and the winnings from my $5 investment on the raffle tickets (it actually paid off this time
celebrate.gif
)...a rooster plaque, a tomato bucket kit, a rooster cutting board, and hubby won a gardening gift bucket with goodies.

Back
Top Bottom