German New Hampshire

Thanks guys! I would have to go look at his number and my book for his hatch date but yes I think he is right at 6-months old right now. I showed his sire last year but already think he looks better! I also have 3 pullets that I'm watching that are in my opinion the best of any that I have had to date. I'm really excited to put this cockerel with those pullets but will hold off until they finish growing and I see how they turn out at the end of the year.

Thanks again,
Chris

We were lucky enough to hatch our first GNHs at Easter, and now have 6 pullets & 2 cockerels about 16 weeks old. Hoping to get some advice & feedback on our cockerels.

#1 - bigger of the 2

Thanks!

May be a little bit early to pick which one or neither of you ckl would be a good rooster. But right now I would pick #1 do have any breeders within driving distance of you that you could drive to and compare?

#2 - he also seems a bit close at the hocks in this pic.

Is either worth moving forward with, or should I start looking for a new rooster? Thanks again!

Yes, he looks a little knock kneed in the picture, but it might just be the way he is standing....check him during normal ranging. It looks as if you have a very nice start.

Walt

My opinion is that it is to early to make a decision on whether or not either one of those birds is good enough to move on with. They need to be 8-9 months old before that decision is made unless there are some glaring problems.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom