German New Hampshire

Hard to believe I finally got a avatar picture and I did it all by myself. Just do not ask me how!!!:D Any it is a picture of my grand daughter. I will see if I can get a chicken picture on there.

Scott

Har, I am there with you. When they changed the web page for the better a good while ago I have not been able to put any pict. on it anymore. That and the photo page I was using to transfer them with has also changed on me. Sigh getting old is not for sissys. You forget and can't remember worth heck.

Hard to believe I finally got a avatar picture and I did it all by myself. Just do not ask me how!!!:D Any it is a picture of my grand daughter. I will see if I can get a chicken picture on there.

Scott

Congratulations, Scott! I like the abstract image manipulation you did. I hope this means that you will start posting photos.

Lual

Hard to believe I finally got a avatar picture and I did it all by myself. Just do not ask me how!!!
big_smile.png
Any it is a picture of my grand daughter. I will see if I can get a chicken picture on there.

Scott

Hey buddy when I come over next week I will be glad to show you how much I dont know about adding pics. on here.

Hi all...got these 2 F1 NH pullets from XW poultry (Jeremy) in this week. They are the same strain cross as the ones I hatched in Feb. too. There are still pin feathers developing in the tail and other areas as well it appears. I believe both are in lay at this point, but only one has actually produced a large nice quality egg since arriving 4 days ago. Nice size, width and length of body...good feather width...got some black ticking on hackles...nice calm temperaments...not browned out...definitely chesnut- although certainly could be more evenly so and a tad lighter overall. Excellent deep yellow legs with horn accents. Good station. Not overly concerned with combs...but I must note that they could use some improvement too (wonky/irregular pts). Pinched tails will be the first in line to cull for in 2014. Overall, I am happy with this F1 generation...enough decent traits to work with going forward into 2014 etc. I appreciate Jeremy sharing these 2 which were chosen along with 10 others from 60 pullets hatched.

I have not decided if I will indeed bring one or both of these to the Fall Tucson show in late November...I will make that call in a few weeks most likely. I may bring them just for exposure for the NH breed representation
wink.png

They will be bred to this male in Jan/Feb

Good to see you got your pullets. They look good, nice color, nice size. I do enjoy my F1s. every day I just stand and watch them in there beauty and actions. I hope my ckl from Jeremy comes this week. When are your eggs suppose to hatch?

Hi all...got these 2 F1 NH pullets from XW poultry (Jeremy) in this week. They are the same strain cross as the ones I hatched in Feb. too. There are still pin feathers developing in the tail and other areas as well it appears. I believe both are in lay at this point, but only one has actually produced a large nice quality egg since arriving 4 days ago. Nice size, width and length of body...good feather width...got some black ticking on hackles...nice calm temperaments...not browned out...definitely chesnut- although certainly could be more evenly so and a tad lighter overall. Excellent deep yellow legs with horn accents. Good station. Not overly concerned with combs...but I must note that they could use some improvement too (wonky/irregular pts). Pinched tails will be the first in line to cull for in 2014. Overall, I am happy with this F1 generation...enough decent traits to work with going forward into 2014 etc. I appreciate Jeremy sharing these 2 which were chosen along with 10 others from 60 pullets hatched. I have not decided if I will indeed bring one or both of these to the Fall Tucson show in late November...I will make that call in a few weeks most likely. I may bring them just for exposure for the NH breed representation ;) They will be bred to this male in Jan/Feb
Congratulations on your new hens, Cindy! They are lovely!!! It will be so exciting to see the chicks they will produce with your handsome rooster. How old are they? Oh, did your new babies hatch yet? Lual

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6019835/width/500/height/1000[/IMG

The chick picture is of the F2, the chicks drinking from the waterer, the second picture is some of my F1

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6019835/width/500/height/1000[/IMG

The chick picture is of the F2, the chicks drinking from the waterer, the second picture is some of my F1

Back
Top Bottom