German New Hampshire

Boy you guys are just full of great news, lol!!

No really thanks for all the great info. I'll keep him where he is and see if anything changes with his condition and let you all know what happens.

Chris

Hello, I'm new to this thread.
Here are a couple of pics of GNHs that I got from gjensen the beginning of April. He sure knows how to pick them! I got 3 boys and 12 girls.
big_smile.png

I'm just loving these birds because they are so friendly and gentle.
love.gif
They are 9 weeks now.

Last year, I watched in amazement as gjensen won the auction for them. I was so taken by the beauty of these birds. Then last fall, I saw one hen in real life at a local hobby farmers get-together. My husband and I kept going back to look at the hen. I could not stop thinking about how lovely she was and now here I have 15 them! I feel so blessed. I cannot thank Mr. Jensen enough for his generosity in sharing these birds with me.

Just a little update on my Roo....

Yesterday I was out doing a little yard work and found my self watching my roo ( the one with the limp) for about half an hour yesterday. He is still limping but not nearly as bad as he was a week or so ago. I really hope that this is good news and that he will get over whatever it is that happen to him.

Chris

I am trying to start the culling process of my German NH roos. They are approximately 3-4 months now. I know it is a bit early but I have a several roos and want to cut out obvious culls and then keep the others for later culling. Personally I am glad I have several roos as they are all a bit different.
I have two different body types. I have the roos that seem to nhave a longer back and straight tail that does not appear to be as full. Then the other ones are appear to have a bit more substance, shorter back and full tails. Attached are photos of the two types together and then the individual photos. Just looking to see what body type is preferred. Myself I like the roo with a bit more substance and full tails. The others are also lankier and taller.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom