German New Hampshire

I just wanted to post some updated pictures of my lovely little flock that I got from Matt1616. The hens have started to lay and everyone of them is doing well. They are so friendly and easy to work with too. The cockerel pictured is the one I have selected to breed with I think. He has the best body type but not the best comb of the boys.

There are more pictures at my profile as well as some of our new German Shepherd puppy Mick. Another winner.

I just wanted to post some updated pictures of my lovely little flock that I got from Matt1616.  The hens have started to lay and everyone of them is doing well.  They are so friendly and easy to work with too.  The cockerel pictured is the one I have selected to breed with I think.  He has the best body type but not the best comb of the boys.

There are more pictures at my profile as well as some of our new German Shepherd puppy Mick.  Another winner.

Some VERY nice looking NH's u have there!

Yes indeed
thumbsup.gif
and I wouldn't expect anything different from out of Matts stock. He is good at what he does with his breeding efforts, for sure.
And kudos to you to, DelDels. You've also got to grow them up right too, LOL
lol.png

Jeff

Last edited:
Thank You everyone for your kind replies. I really enjoy them and think everyone should have some. When ever people see them (even non chicken people) they all say the same word......WOW.

I thought I would post a photo of our New Hampshire Rooster "Big John". We had a surplus of roosters and the final rooster we retained was to be Big John. I culled heavily on temperament coupled with looks, correctness/size and fullness. The winner was "Big John". Three of my roosters went to farms that are using Good Shepherd New Hampshire stock. These folks were not familiar with the German New Hampshires. I had the roosters at a swap meet and they asked if they would make a good cross. I said they would make a superior cross especially since they are both heritage birds. So now two breeders of Good Shepherd New Hampshires are now using German New Hamphires.

Anyway attached is a photo of Big John with the flock. The chickens are loose outside playing and he is currently with several breeds. That is why I need good temperament because I keep the flock together most of the year. Bad and "fowl" behavior is not tolerated and Big John is of excellent temperament.
This stock originated from Kathy. THANK YOU KATHY!

good choice, looks to me like,LOL You know I've come to realize with these GNH in culling I find it an extremely difficult task, more so than any of my other current breeds. Now mind you the dropped wings, split wings, high tail, wry tail all these are pretty much a given, but when it comes right down to the nitty-gritty and knit picking(pun intended here) it is so hard to chose the very best one out of say three or four good ones. It usually comes down to just a minute little detail that sets them apart. Somebody way back down the road has worked very hard on fixing "bad stuff" in this strain of NHs shoot even the culls are great birds compared to a lot of other types and breeds JMHO that's all folks!

Nice dude there I'm glad to see these GNH broadcast wide and far, me,LOL
lol.png

Jeff

DelDels, I think I made a mistake. I shipped you the wrong birds...I'm gonna need you to ship those back to me. I'll send you a box and pay for the shipping, just put them in the box and send them back. LOL...

Matt

Back
Top Bottom