get a new duck, or get out?

buck431397

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Pilesgrove, NJ
I came home today and saw my little Wave squished on the road.....
hit.gif

I have another female duck who is currently sitting on a nest (of what, i dont know.... infertile duck eggs and chicken eggs....)

I don't know if i should get her another friend, or wait, or just give up and give her away. ducks are complicated. but i do like having them around.

im trying to get her some fertile duck eggs to sit on. Maybe that will help. But babys are such hard work and even more heartache sometimes....

what should i do?

hugs.gif

So sorry, I recommend getting her a buddy. Ducks are fun, and great little pets. Can you put up a small fence to keep them corralled when you are gone, ours have a 3 foot fence for a play yard for when I can't watch them, it was pretty cheap and works well to confine them. I lock them in a secure pen at night.
Again, so sorry, that must have been awful.

I lost an entire flock and then several more ducks before I finally figured out a management system that works for us. I almost gave up twice. Just when I was really ready to quit, my dad ordered me a flock of ten that formed the foundation of my much beloved flock. It just took a little practice and time for me, and I'm SOOOO glad I never quit. I think you should get her a buddy.

sad.png
well, thanks. Ill try looking for a friend. I have never had a problem with the road before. i think it had something to do with her friend setting, so she was all by herself. They do baffle me, though, how they are up all night..... i just dont know about ducks:idunno

Back
Top Bottom