get me a chicken!

megangreen

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 31, 2012
hello all,
ok, so i want a chicken but my mum wont let me have one. she said that they will get their straw everywere. i have a horse so i am responcable, but she hass convinced herself that she will end up looking after it!
i just want some people to post the pros and cons of having, and keeping chickens! i only want 2-3

thankyou!

welcome-byc.gif

A horse is a pretty big responsibility. So that alone should convince her! Especially if you're the one taking care of it. Are you?
There are many pros and cons to keeping chickens. They are wonderful companions, they're fun to watch, they get rid of spiders... Not to mention the lovely fresh eggs.
Hope you convince her!

yes i do take care of the horse, hes so cute! what im going to do is wait a few weeks and ask again! so i dont smother her with the thought of chickens!

Or just get her onto this site
wink.png
But keep her away from the "negative" areas like diseases etc! Good luck!

Then you would probably want to get a few of the hybrid layers (Red Star, Black Star, Tetra Tints, etc.) who are bred specifically for egg production. Tell mom they will help keep the yard pest free & help feed the family.

Do your research on chicken keeping and decide if keeping hens is truly what you want. If you decide to keep chickens arm yourself with knowledge so you can impress your Mom. Do you keep your horse on your own property?

no, there are fields down the road from us were we rent a field and keep the horse.
so if i were to get chickens we would be keeping them in our back garden/front garden :)

Back
Top Bottom