Get Your Not So Hot Chickens Here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Teila, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

I just wanted to Random Ramble that my hubby has to be one of the sweetest men I know!

We have had a run of hot days and even though I have been home and therefore they can free range, I have also been damping down the girls' shaded run so that they have somewhere cool to lay.

I am stuck at work today with a predicted 37C (98.6F). Unfortunately I will not be home tomorrow either and it is predicted to be 42-43C (107-109F). No free range because it is not safe if we are not home.

#1 son has been given instructions on keeping them cool tomorrow and as hubby is not working today, I have just rung him to ask him to damp down the run and find out how they are doing.

He is a bit cranky cos he is out and about shopping and he dislikes shopping so much. Further chatting reveals that he is just picking up the batteries for the timer which is going on the run misting system he has apparently nearly finished!

So, so sweet!! Guess who loves our little girls just as much as I do :)

2. ImpulsiveFarmer

ImpulsiveFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Chautauqua County, NY
    Aw my husband is the same way. I will ask for something to be built for the animals and he will double the size and make it far nicer than it has to be. He says his next project is a solar powered chicken coop and I didn't even have to ask him! [​IMG]

I am very jealous of your weather. We have had over a foot of snow in the past day and it's 4F(-15.5C) outside right now.

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Yep ImpulsiveFarmer, definitely no reason to complain here, didn't even have to ask, such a sweetheart!

Please do not be jealous .. I'm melting! lol

Wow -15C I think the lowest I have experienced in memory is 1-2C (33-35F) .. reckon I would be whinging about the cold just a little!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by