Get your questions answered

The Duck Ladie

Duck Addict
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
Hello Everyone!
I'm thinking of writing an article with just a bunch of common questions with answers, but to do that I need questions! So if you have a question about ducks please post it in this thread! For example: "How long do Ducks lay?" "How do I tell if my ducks a girl or boy?" Thanks everybody!

-The Duck Ladie

If you don't want your drake mating with your chickens you might have to keep him elsewhere or when he tries to mate with the chickens you could go up to him and give him a little swat, not anything that would hurt him, just a pat to make him leave, and maybe that would discourage him, but I don't know if that would work, drakes can be very determined when it comes to mating, so you might have to pen him seperately. Hope this helps!

If you don't want your drake mating with your chickens you might have to keep him elsewhere or when he tries to mate with the chickens you could go up to him and give him a little swat, not anything that would hurt him, just a pat to make him leave, and maybe that would discourage him, but I don't know if that would work, drakes can be very determined when it comes to mating, so you might have to pen him seperately. Hope this helps!
thanks!

How about a section on terms and definitions.

Might help folks with spelling errors also.

Like, molt - not malt
pen - not pin
choke - not chock
Angel wing - not angle wing
Define drake, duck, duckling, pipping, peeping, vent etc.
1f424.png

So if a drake is making with a chicken does he fertilize her eggs? Can you end up with some kind of half duck, half chicken? I keep wondering what happens or is it just a trying to mate?

So if a drake is making with a chicken does he fertilize her eggs? Can you end up with some kind of half duck, half chicken? I keep wondering what happens or is it just a trying to mate?

Well...uh.....has happened.but very rarely.
See ducks have..uh..male parts...and uh..roosters don't...so uh....if a duck mates with a chicken,he could kill her.

Back
Top Bottom