Get your silkies sexed here!!!!

Pics
OK guys. I have been waiting patiently for now. My Silkies are 7.5 weeks, so I hope they'll be easier to sex. I have guesses on two and am not sure on the 3rd. We even colored them with food coloring so they would be easier to tell apart for you experts and those following along at home. ;)

Pink Silkie (She's named Keeper, as we named them for Quidditch players). Obviously, I think this one is a pullet. She's pretty mellow and timid, and has actually mothered the smaller bantam frizzles we got a bit later.

Side view

Poofy tail

Front view, flat small comb. Roundish head poof that is still filling in with lots of pin feathers.

Then there is Chaser, who I think is also a pullet. She's very very timid.

Again, poofy tail

Flat, small comb, poofy crest. It is still filling in too. Lots of pin feathers.

Side view.

And Seeker. This one is blue, because we are divided. This one seems more outgoing and will tussle with our buff-laced polish pullet.

The tail still seems poofy

Bigger comb, but still not huge. It has some bumpy texture. The crest is still coming in and the head is FULL of pin feathers and bits of baby fluff.

Front view with some light to show the comb texture. It's not as huge as my blue silkie roo was at this age, but it's not as non-existent as the others. This one was the tiniest as a chick and grew very slowly, and it has developed at an overall slower pace than the top two.

Thoughts?

I have two silkies that are about a month and a half. Neither are aggressive at all and have the fluffiest of bottoms. I had to bribe them with mealworms to have their pictures taken!

OK guys. I have been waiting patiently for now. My Silkies are 7.5 weeks, so I hope they'll be easier to sex. I have guesses on two and am not sure on the 3rd. We even colored them with food coloring so they would be easier to tell apart for you experts and those following along at home. ;)

Pink Silkie (She's named Keeper, as we named them for Quidditch players). Obviously, I think this one is a pullet. She's pretty mellow and timid, and has actually mothered the smaller bantam frizzles we got a bit later.

Side view

Poofy tail

Front view, flat small comb. Roundish head poof that is still filling in with lots of pin feathers.

Then there is Chaser, who I think is also a pullet. She's very very timid.

Again, poofy tail

Flat, small comb, poofy crest. It is still filling in too. Lots of pin feathers.

Side view.

And Seeker. This one is blue, because we are divided. This one seems more outgoing and will tussle with our buff-laced polish pullet.

The tail still seems poofy

Bigger comb, but still not huge. It has some bumpy texture. The crest is still coming in and the head is FULL of pin feathers and bits of baby fluff.

Front view with some light to show the comb texture. It's not as huge as my blue silkie roo was at this age, but it's not as non-existent as the others. This one was the tiniest as a chick and grew very slowly, and it has developed at an overall slower pace than the top two.

Thoughts?
The last one is a rooster, the rest are females.
love.gif

I have two silkies that are about a month and a half. Neither are aggressive at all and have the fluffiest of bottoms. I had to bribe them with mealworms to have their pictures taken!

I think they are both females, could you take a comb picture of the black one?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom