getChipDrop.com

Pics
Yeah winter is probably a good time to do your chipdrops before the temps warm up and composting accelerates. I put most my load spread out in the run over the first few days so it wasn’t tremendously deep and had a chance to dry out. If you let that huge, moist pile sit too long that core gets very hot. I had the bottom of my pile getting a little moldy, but it had a lot of fines and pine needles too.

Parked my new old truck next to the pile of chips... apparently I have an oil leak and transmission leak. Going to have to be careful with what I spread in the run AND get to wrenchin on the ol' truck sooner than later!

So.........my wife is not happy with me. Haha. I get a call from my neighbor saying there is a tree being chipped down the road and the company wants to know if the neighbor wants any chips. They say no, but call me to see if I want them. I say "sure, a tree sounds like a good/manageable amount of chips. I could use some chips. Tell them to dump it where the small gravel pile and tarp are." I then see the following on my doorbell camera.....

Sorry, don't think it will embed the video, but here is the link. Promise it isn't a virus or anything.

https://ring.com/share/6646809031294572842

More than you wanted....or did they take something and load it on the truck?

More than I thought they would provide. But I was naive and assumed when my neighbor said "they are chipping a tree on the corner", the company would only be giving me that one tree......although we do have some big trees around here and I dont know what treee they were talking about. Haha. I assume what I have in the pile is from multiple jobs so that they did not need to pay to dump it later. Usually can tell if it was multiple jobs once I am home and see the striations in the pile. It is like digging for dino bones.

Edit: I now see at least 2 very different colors in the video. I have no clue what that dark stuff is that is closest to the street. Will be interesting to see what I find when I get home....

It is worse than I thought. Haha. This was last time, which took us a good while to use.

18891570_10103180225270133_236999938099176951_o.jpg

This is the new pile. Mini-van in the background for size comparison.

k7T6CtE.jpg

You can see last time I could get my garbage cans in and out, this time I can't. Also, the minivan is in the same spot that the white chip delivery vehicle is in the first photo.....so that should give you an idea of how many chips I have right now. Haha. My wife says it is ok, but not "ideal timing".

Back
Top Bottom