Getmehome.com

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Godsgrl, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I am feeling a bit daft here. This website is a way to reunite a found dog with the owner, but I don't understand about the tag. To register, you have to give them the # on the tag. But it doesn't tell you where to get that thing in the first place. Help? I'm feeling really stupid here. Thanks!

http://getmehome.com

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Our vet office carries them.

3. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    When I first read your post,I thought it must be a microchip.But it's a tag that you hang on the pets collar.Maybe I am the daft one here,but why not just hang an ID tag with your number on the pet? [​IMG]

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Thank you for your replies to this. Greenfamilyfarms, I'll have to call and see if our vet carries them. Mercedes, I can't come up with a good reply for that one. My dogs each have a tag that has the vet #, their name, and my phone # on it. The same info a "get me home" tag would give out, I suppose, if you went to the website.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I was thinking that the Get Me Home tags were connected to a microchip system? I thought the tag was just secondary to the microchip so if the pet was found, the person would know it was microchipped.

6. Ducklvr

Ducklvr Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2010
    It appears as though this is a network, where there is the website (getmehome.com) and a code (8 digit) on your pets tag, when someone finds your pet, they go to the website and enter the code, and are then given all your contact info (email address, phone number, address, etc) It looks as if it is the almost same thing as putting all your info onto a tag for 3-4 dollars....

I don't think this is a good thing to sign up for, someone could go on there and just put random numbers in and come up with ALL your contact info.....

I think they need to make it harder to get info on that site...

DuckLvr

7. roymonster

roymonster New Egg

Jun 28, 2012
    you have to buy the Tag from petsmart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by