Gettin the humidity up for the last 3 days

GoatLover89

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 17, 2010
Can anyone tell me their secret to gettin the humidity up to about 80-85% for the last 3 days to help my babies hatch?

I just added water to additional bins in the bottom tray. Had good luck the first 18 day with water in one. Then put water in others for the last days. Maintained very well. Use warm water too.

I only raise humidity to 60 - 65% and have had good luck with my hatches. What type of incubator are you using? In my little Brinsea I fill both wells with water. If filling both wells with water doesn't raise humidity sufficiently, I place a sponge next to the troughs, with one end of the sponge dipped into the water to ensure that it stays moist.

Good luck with your hatch, oh and .....
welcome-byc.gif

I have READ that IF you get the humidity TOO HIGH.....you can actually "drown" your hatching chicks.

I "suspect" that anything over 50% and LESS than 75% would probably be BEST..........but...that's just my
SUSPICION.

There are many contrary views, I thinK.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

I had no trouble getting my Brinsea eco up to 70%, filled both water troughs and put a paper towel half in and half out to wick the water up. I also closed the vent as far as it would close.

My husband and i took an old Hotpoint Refrigerator and turned it into a bator. the temp has been keeping great but their was a time when my temp got down to 84 the other day because cold air got into the house and sunk the temp down. i hope my babies are okie!! and my humidity has been at about the 60% range. i am coming up on my 18th day and wanna make sure i know what to do for the last 3 days to get a sucessful hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom