Getting a cabinet incubator.... Anyone prefers GQF over Dickey's?

zooinmypocket

Songster
5 Years
Aug 21, 2016
California
Hi, I've decided I am going to get a cabinet incubator in a few days. I'm between GQF 1202E, 1502 and ordering a Dickey's 3x1 with digital and acrylic door. In doing the price matching What I would spend to get a done up one from Dickeys with the water reserve, I would spend on just the basic GQF incubator without the trays or water reserve. Does anyone prefer GQF over Dickey's? Is it worth spending more? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I've decided I am going to get a cabinet incubator in a few days. I'm between GQF 1202E, 1502 and ordering a Dickey's 3x1 with digital and acrylic door. In doing the price matching What I would spend to get a done up one from Dickeys with the water reserve, I would spend on just the basic GQF incubator without the trays or water reserve. Does anyone prefer GQF over Dickey's? Is it worth spending more? Thank you in advance.

I don’t have any experience with the Dickeys incubator but I’ve hatched literally tens of thousands of chicks in GQF incubators. I’ve tried several of the big cabinets- bought them after the ostrich craze died down and all in all I like the sportsman the best. I’ve got one with an acrylic door I think I gave $80 for the door. Your mileage may vary

I don’t have any experience with the Dickeys incubator but I’ve hatched literally tens of thousands of chicks in GQF incubators. I’ve tried several of the big cabinets- bought them after the ostrich craze died down and all in all I like the sportsman the best. I’ve got one with an acrylic door I think I gave $80 for the door. Your mileage may vary

Thank you, I ended up going with the dickey's because they could get one out to me sooner and for cheaper than online. 3-5 week delay vs 2 weeks. But I may consider GQF definitely as a hatcher unit.

I have had a Dickey incubator for several years. I initially purchased it as reviews said the customer service was better than the other options. I wanted to support the small business rather than a large company. The company has since been sold to another person. I did not find him helpful when I had an issue with the turner and he wasn’t friendly.

That being said, we have hatched a lot of eggs for our hobby farm in it and it works very well.

FYI- the problem was it stopped auto turning. The previous year we had moved it downstairs to the cellar after hatching and the unit got tipped onto its back. I now know there’s a tiny metal piece on the assembly that will move out of place when the incubator is tipped backward and won’t allow it to turn. We ordered a new turning mechanism, my husband and two sons all of whom are proficient with mechanical things replaced it, worked the thing all over without success. It was that dang little tab and once returned to its proper position it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom