Getting a Roo and have 2 choices

zhopson

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
I can either get a lavender Orpington or a RIR any suggestions on which you prefer??

You'll get all kinds of responses as we all like and want different things on chickenworld but I
cast my vote - 100 percent in favor of the Lavender Buff Roo.

The RIR roosters I have had were aggressive toward us so - forget it - chicken soup.

Buff roos can be aggressive as can all breeds but he's still got my vote. Will he be the
only roo?

Yes he will be. I would get both but from what I've read that may not be a good idea

I can either get a lavender Orpington or a RIR any suggestions on which you prefer??
What kind of hens and how many do you have? I vote for the Orp for the same reason given by other posters. I had a RIR roo and he was truly nasty. I had to quarantine him from the other roos, he was nasty to the hens and attacked me every time I tried to feed the flock.

I currently have a year old RIR roo running with about 27 hens and he's never been aggressive to me. He is a stunning bird with beautiful plumage. I vote RIR

4 golden laced 1 naked neck 1 that looks like a java. And 6 red sex links. But I will be gettin more

Back
Top Bottom