Getting Chicks in Tucson, AZ

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fowl weathered friend, Feb 23, 2009.

1. fowl weathered friend

fowl weathered friend Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Hiya!

I'm looking for a few new chicks to raise and add to my little flock and have run into some difficulty.
    Last year, I purchased a few chicks from a local feed store and all of them died from diseases (except one--an animal casualty). As a result, I'm a bit wary of getting chicks from a feed store.
    As a warning to all: don't buy chicks/chickens from the store on 6th--the one that sells the African lungfish.

Does anyone know where I can purchase just a few chicks? I've looked online and all of them require a minimum purchase of 15-25 chicks, in order to keep them warm, safe, and happy in transit. Which is all well and good but I don't need 25 new chickies.[​IMG]

I'd really love specialty breeds like cochins, but that's not a necessity: please let me know!

2. rockabilly7

rockabilly7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Florida panhandle
    Have you checked on craigslist in your area??? I know in my area alot of people sell chicks on there.

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Try My Pet Chicken - you can order as few as 3. Can't order online for 4-10 more days, but you can call them to place a "pre-order". That's where we got all of our chickens. Maybe TSC will have some too. Hope that helps ya. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by