Getting chicks on FRIDAY :)

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
Ok I have 14 chicks in my brooder box right now that are 2 weeks old...then I had a hatched our 4 in the incubator that are one week old now...added them to the mix and they did fine. NOW I decided to order more because I wanted a D'uccle, some australorps, and some orps. I was going to order eggs but found out that Ideal had these to be delivered THIS week yet! SO I ordered 6 straight run D'uccle's (Hope ONE is a female) then I ordered sexed pullet Australorp's and Orps
smile.png
Now on the website it says these are out but when I called she said with the smaller number she could fill it for me.
smile.png
HUH I'M SURE WHEN I STARTED HERE THAT SOMEONE TOLD ME CHICKENS ARE ADDICTIVE? I DIDN'T BELIEVE THEM
smack.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I am having the time of my life with these babies though! I LOVE THEM!

Woo hoo! You could probably write a book on your chicken-related experiences with all that going on (or maybe not-- you are probably too busy to write a book!). What kind of orpingtons are you getting? I think those are so pretty.
jumpy.gif

I can totally appreciate the anticipation... FloridaChickenChick and I are going to get her peeplings Saturday morning and it is killin' me to wait!

I am getting buff orps BUT am ordering blue/splash orps from western chick this week. Have to have a blue and splash orp. I LOVE them. LOL SO I will be getting 4-6 eggs on top of all these little guys. I have to run to walmart and get another brooder box. I hope all her chicks arrive safely! Two weeks ago I went through Ideal and decided to try them again as the first batch went very well!

hello, I am new to the forum and have been reading through alot of diffrent posts. I am also getting a batch of chicks from Ideal on Friday, 8 silkies. This is my first time having chickens. Very excited and very nervous.

yay for chickies! i am getting 1bo, 1glw, 1slw, and 1 br from ideal on friday! i am wondering what kind of packing peanuts i will get, i might want to keep one... hehehe/

Back
Top Bottom