Getting chicks on FRIDAY :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I have 14 chicks in my brooder box right now that are 2 weeks old...then I had a hatched our 4 in the incubator that are one week old now...added them to the mix and they did fine. NOW I decided to order more because I wanted a D'uccle, some australorps, and some orps. I was going to order eggs but found out that Ideal had these to be delivered THIS week yet! SO I ordered 6 straight run D'uccle's (Hope ONE is a female) then I ordered sexed pullet Australorp's and Orps [​IMG] Now on the website it says these are out but when I called she said with the smaller number she could fill it for me. [​IMG] HUH I'M SURE WHEN I STARTED HERE THAT SOMEONE TOLD ME CHICKENS ARE ADDICTIVE? I DIDN'T BELIEVE THEM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am having the time of my life with these babies though! I LOVE THEM!

2. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Woo hoo! You could probably write a book on your chicken-related experiences with all that going on (or maybe not-- you are probably too busy to write a book!). What kind of orpingtons are you getting? I think those are so pretty. [​IMG]

I can totally appreciate the anticipation... FloridaChickenChick and I are going to get her peeplings Saturday morning and it is killin' me to wait!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I am getting buff orps BUT am ordering blue/splash orps from western chick this week. Have to have a blue and splash orp. I LOVE them. LOL SO I will be getting 4-6 eggs on top of all these little guys. I have to run to walmart and get another brooder box. I hope all her chicks arrive safely! Two weeks ago I went through Ideal and decided to try them again as the first batch went very well!

4. searodent

searodent Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    rhode island
    hello, I am new to the forum and have been reading through alot of diffrent posts. I am also getting a batch of chicks from Ideal on Friday, 8 silkies. This is my first time having chickens. Very excited and very nervous.

5. Rose's Human Hen

Rose's Human Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Quote:

6. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    yay for chickies! i am getting 1bo, 1glw, 1slw, and 1 br from ideal on friday! i am wondering what kind of packing peanuts i will get, i might want to keep one... hehehe/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by