Getting closer to being finished! New Picture Added

Here is an update on the work we did today. I was able to get it moved to its permanent location and am now doing the last details.. Painting, attaching roof, attaching nestbox, etc. I had a productive day.

27085_img_7208.jpg

Your coop looks awesome. And kudos to you for using recycled materials. I just have a question about the roost, I noticed it's round and unattached, what's to stop it from rolling over with a chicken on it? I can just see it..... your very suprised chicken hanging upside down like a bat.
tongue.png

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. I do appreciate it. In regards to the roost, the roost holder has a notched out U shaped where the roost pole sits down in, preventing roll off. I certainly would not want the rolling chicken syndrome, however on second thought I might be able to get scambled eggs much more easily!

Still have some fine tuning to do but the chickens are in and they seem to like it. Two of my daughters gave me the sign for the door for Father's Day. A great coop warming present indeed!

27085_img_7872.jpg

The palace is looking great!

I live in AZ too & I say WHITE WHITE WHITE WHITE for the palace...it will reflect the heat & keep the chicks much cooler.

I promise you it's a proven fact that white painted houses are way cooler in the summer than dark painted houses. My hen house & run are both white. Especially go light on the roof.

I also have a fan & light mister set up for the hottest part of the day.

thumbsup.gif

OOPS...didn't see the pics of it painted...you went light...thats great!

Last edited:
If you get a chance to see the Hannah Montana movie she has a Egg door...Their chicken coop is really cute too....all different colors and such!! Great job!!

Quote:
Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate any advice so please feel free. The two roof sections will be on hinges so that I will be able to prop them up. There is chicken wire over the openings to prevent intruders and escapees!

Back
Top Bottom