Getting Goat kids

@WVduckchick
Do you already have a house and goat pen built for your kids? I'd love to see what you have if you have it ready for when they are bigger kids..👍
I can't put mine out in their yard because Fancy just jumps out in two seconds. I really have to change my pen to a much higher fence.

Wellllll….. my neighbor had offered to let the goats sleep in his dog kennel. He has kind of an elaborate setup, as he used to breed Brittny Spaniels. But with them being so young, I've started off keeping them inside the office. Now I've been able to let them out some, and walk around with them to see how far they will stray from me. Hubby and I are deciding exactly where we want them on the property, before we build something. We're also thinking something that can be moved around with them, if it comes to building something new. So short answer is :idunno lol!

Morning cold here today but sunny no complaints need to clean coops

Don't remind me! I need to do that too. :p

Wellllll….. my neighbor had offered to let the goats sleep in his dog kennel. He has kind of an elaborate setup, as he used to breed Brittny Spaniels. But with them being so young, I've started off keeping them inside the office. Now I've been able to let them out some, and walk around with them to see how far they will stray from me. Hubby and I are deciding exactly where we want them on the property, before we build something. We're also thinking something that can be moved around with them, if it comes to building something new. So short answer is :idunno lol!

Oh my you jumped in like me before you were ready..😀😇🐐🐐
I'm still having to change things for my kids. 🤣

We use calf panel with pieces of long 2”x4” attachin* them. They are snugged into the ground at the wood with these easy to move metal rods. The fence is tricky when we move it...we have to test it a few times, by flinging myself into it at spots to see if it will withstand a goat...but, it has worked great. We are able to move it and rotate the pasture for worms..,but mostly we’ve done it when it rained so hard this summer and I didn’t want them in the muck.

Yesterday I got to walk the new goats twice! Even in the morning when it was sooo gross! I walked them this morning too! They are really loving it! The momma is sooo curious about coming up to the house. It’s beyond the pine trees, where the barn and pen is, so it’s new to them. A whole new world. They love to follow my hubby. We’re building a big pen because on Saturday we are buying 8 more mini pigs! So, Chris is hard at work. The goats love to visit the other minis and watch Chris do the work. It’s cute. I can hear my fat baby goat crying now,. She wants another walk. I call her ‘pork chop’ right now, since neither of them have names yet. She’s going to get a complex :lau

My kids finally got out today! :celebrate
048277DA-A79D-4ECD-8CE0-155AD2BB13EE.jpeg
1C47A080-A80A-4D60-860E-2F9884FEDC16.jpeg
F62B07F6-5AE8-413E-840B-B54B55898FDE.jpeg
3E3BBE19-9B06-4E5D-AB41-B151CD1E6F8D.jpeg
DA305DAA-74DF-4204-BED0-FCABF2D052E8.jpeg
28DB7DDF-97B6-4486-954D-0A487C37A313.jpeg

Attachments

• AB5539A7-3DD6-4C1A-9F7B-08B2EFDA495A.jpeg
    AB5539A7-3DD6-4C1A-9F7B-08B2EFDA495A.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 1

Back