Getting Goat kids

Yep, My original goats are still getting used to her but they're much more comfortable around her now~ She's a smart dog too, If she notices the goats are startled she'll just lay down and wait for them to calm down. I let her out to do chores with me and she loves hanging out with the turkeys :rolleyes: She's a good dog although can have her moments of naughtiness (Caught her ripping up one of her toys and making a mess with the stuffing)
View attachment 2037686
Oh she sure has grown. What a beautiful Dog..❤️❤️🐶

Thank you~!
Sorry i haven't been very active lately. It's been a stressful month for me. Just a whole bunch of family drama 🙄 To add to the stress unfortunately Charlotte had a very difficult labor. We had no vets that could come down and help us out. We tried pretty much everything we could to get the piglets out, We even tried giving her oxytocin to increase the contractions. But I only managed to pull out 4 piglets (all breeched, one dead) I think she was in labor for a total of 26 hours before we finally put her down 😔 On a more happier note the 3 remaining piglets (All boys) Are doing amazing and thriving, their names are Charlie (After his mom Charlotte) Red, and Pumba
Oh my goodness! I have two mini pigs that are pregnant..one due any day. But they both have farrowed many times, so, I’m was told I shouldn’t need the oxytocin? Hoping not. I am soooo sorry you had to go through that! What kind of pigs are they? We have 6 mini’s now. One boar.

As for my goats. I had the vet debud them...but after seeing that it wasn’t as bad as we thought, we knew we’d do it ourselves next year. Then they started growing...ugh!! She did go deep enough! Must be a very fine line. Now that ours are older, we’re going to have to go around the horns in tiny sections, a bit at a time. I know this because we took a two month old kid to the vet also, that we had just bought. That’s how she did her. Did you build a goat box? Did you make it an adjustable size? The vets was too small for my older, fat kid, and she passed out. Scared the death out of me!! I’m glad the pro are working for your buckling. He’s a cutie! They both are! I have 6 kids...pretty sure 4 need redone :(

My Son put up a higher fence along the back of my goats pen and that keeps Fancy in back there. Although the crazy girl now jumps up onto the kennel roof and jumps out! Now we are adding something to the kennel top to block her from jumping up there. 😳😂🐐🐐
Oh yeah! You got your fence for a Fancy! Does she hate it? I have two kids that stand in there mommas feeding box and jump into the other kidding stall to be with their cousins! Then their mom cries all night! Ugh. I have to keep them all separate because Busty is still having nursing issues because she makes too much milk...so I lock the kids in with her so it forces her to stand for them a bit. Today my hubby is supposed to drill some plywood over the opening where those rascals jump through..... PS...after seeing this, I rehung the cords and rope so no one can get caught. :)
CEB0404A-F6DB-4DAA-B920-D8E48704A840.jpeg
FFC64EB6-13F1-4F1B-8CED-24A44F1571D7.jpeg
073B85F7-C689-44FA-BA2A-0B3849100201.jpeg
64FFB712-ACAD-4B67-A37F-68C38DEF1849.jpeg

Oh yeah! You got your fence for a Fancy! Does she hate it? I have two kids that stand in there mommas feeding box and jump into the other kidding stall to be with their cousins! Then their mom cries all night! Ugh. I have to keep them all separate because Busty is still having nursing issues because she makes too much milk...so I lock the kids in with her so it forces her to stand for them a bit. Today my hubby is supposed to drill some plywood over the opening where those rascals jump through..... PS...after seeing this, I rehung the cords and rope so no one can get caught. :)View attachment 2037729View attachment 2037730View attachment 2037731View attachment 2037732
Bratty kids! No Fancy still gets out! Today after the modification to the kennel roof hopefully the bratty kid stays put! She cries as loud as she can and Runs like a lunatic trying to find me. She definitely needs to learn she will be okay in the yard pen.

Oh my goodness! I have two mini pigs that are pregnant..one due any day. But they both have farrowed many times, so, I’m was told I shouldn’t need the oxytocin? Hoping not. I am soooo sorry you had to go through that! What kind of pigs are they? We have 6 mini’s now. One boar.

As for my goats. I had the vet debud them...but after seeing that it wasn’t as bad as we thought, we knew we’d do it ourselves next year. Then they started growing...ugh!! She did go deep enough! Must be a very fine line. Now that ours are older, we’re going to have to go around the horns in tiny sections, a bit at a time. I know this because we took a two month old kid to the vet also, that we had just bought. That’s how she did her. Did you build a goat box? Did you make it an adjustable size? The vets was too small for my older, fat kid, and she passed out. Scared the death out of me!! I’m glad the pro are working for your buckling. He’s a cutie! They both are! I have 6 kids...pretty sure 4 need redone :(
The mom was a New hampshire x Duroc mix and the sire was English spot x duroc. This was her before she went into labor
IMG-2100.PNG
We usually never use Oxytocin for any of our animals but we were kind of desperate at that point, Never had this problem with pigs before :hmm

We did build a box for them but ended up not using it, The guy helping me with the disbudding had a great way of holding them so we just ended up doing that.

Thank you~!
Sorry i haven't been very active lately. It's been a stressful month for me. Just a whole bunch of family drama 🙄 To add to the stress unfortunately Charlotte had a very difficult labor. We had no vets that could come down and help us out. We tried pretty much everything we could to get the piglets out, We even tried giving her oxytocin to increase the contractions. But I only managed to pull out 4 piglets (all breeched, one dead) I think she was in labor for a total of 26 hours before we finally put her down 😔 On a more happier note the 3 remaining piglets (All boys) Are doing amazing and thriving, their names are Charlie (After his mom Charlotte) Red, and Pumba

Sorry she had such a tough time then you lost her

Yep, My original goats are still getting used to her but they're much more comfortable around her now~ She's a smart dog too, If she notices the goats are startled she'll just lay down and wait for them to calm down. I let her out to do chores with me and she loves hanging out with the turkeys :rolleyes: She's a good dog although can have her moments of naughtiness (Caught her ripping up one of her toys and making a mess with the stuffing)

Our little brat is all grown up yet still full of the dickens close to 3 now
Snow 016.jpg
005.jpg

Bratty kids! No Fancy still gets out! Today after the modification to the kennel roof hopefully the bratty kid stays put! She cries as loud as she can and Runs like a lunatic trying to find me. She definitely needs to learn she will be okay in the yard pen.
My one new kid, Sugar, she cries most of the day. It breaks my heart. But I don’t know what do. She’s got everything she needs. Her momma, hay, grain..until she gobbles that down, water, toys, warm bedding...I walk her..but, she just wants attention all the time. She needs playmates...and I think once I can put the other kids with her it’ll be great, but we’re a wayyys off from that! They are too little yet to be outside. And I can’t take het into the barn because you know how new goats fight with old goats, right? There would be such a ruckus! That needs to happen on neutral ground outside once it’s time. Like you do with birds. So, for now she’s cry... :(

Back
Top Bottom