Getting Goat kids

I got ducklings yesterday...Muscovies..😀❤️🦆...only 4 this time!! Not 43! ever again!!🤣
6CAC6B53-EBBA-4D97-AF34-AADED137820C.jpeg

Oh, thanks for the information..I’ll only give it once in awhile as a treat.
Once and a while as a treat is fine. I like to give it to my bucks before i put them in with the does for breeding but that's usually the only time i give it to them, And in little amounts too.

@MillersFarm ...geez...thanks for the alfalfa pellets info too!! My buckling is new, and I didn’t realize about the cal and pho’s...what about alfalfa hay that everyone feeds? Doesn’t have that in it? I’ll only let my does have the pellets when the kids are locked up while I’m milking....
My vet told me pure alfalfa hay is not a good diet for wethers and bucks, An alfalfa mix hay is alright to give them. Does are fine with alfalfa pellets and hay though~ especially if they're in milk.

Once and a while as a treat is fine. I like to give it to my bucks before i put them in with the does for breeding but that's usually the only time i give it to them, And in little amounts too.

My vet told me pure alfalfa hay is not a good diet for wethers and bucks, An alfalfa mix hay is alright to give them. Does are fine with alfalfa pellets and hay though~ especially if they're in milk.
Sounds good. My hay is only orchard grass without much alfalfa.

@MillersFarm
Another question..👍
Ozzy is chubby. I feed the goat food each morning only because it's the only way I can keep them in the pen while I refill water etc. Other than that they run off and won't come back in.
Any other tricks?
I don't grain my bucks at all. but when they get out all i have to do is take a grain scoop with some grain in it, shake it and they come running back to me. I don't give them grain after i put them away either. Maybe slowly cut back on Ozzy's grain consumption if you're worried about him being over weight. And keeping them in their kennel can be a bit tricky while watering them. I can't really think of anything other than grain to keep them busy.. Maybe give them a flake of hay if they don't already have any?

I don't grain my bucks at all. but when they get out all i have to do is take a grain scoop with some grain in it, shake it and they come running back to me. I don't give them grain after i put them away either. Maybe slowly cut back on Ozzy's grain consumption if you're worried about him being over weight. And keeping them in their kennel can be a bit tricky while watering them. I can't really think of anything other than grain to keep them busy.. Maybe give them a flake of hay if they don't already have any?
Hay is 24/7 here. I'll just use a handful or grain in a container to keep them focused..

Back
Top Bottom