Getting Goat kids

Goats can be stressing at times. If you feel that goats don't suit you anymore then there's no shame in giving them up. But i'd put up with their shenanigans just until their fence in complete and see how they behave afterwards. Then i'd decide whether or not they stay.

Goats can be stressing at times. If you feel that goats don't suit you anymore then there's no shame in giving them up. But i'd put up with their shenanigans just until their fence in complete and see how they behave afterwards. Then i'd decide whether or not they stay.
I'm keeping my goats..😳...Again fence was done at the back of the pen and Fancy now jumps the front !!! 😡🐐

What’s accomplished and she still gets out anyways! More higher fence needed in the front. 😳
9C9B4218-9C67-40BE-9EEF-2D28FCE86BA5.jpeg
73DA6236-0D07-4878-B1E8-F9CA5B8388C8.jpeg
6FA3DA23-8A6B-46BF-952E-6FC42806E4C6.jpeg
D7289585-2C6A-405E-8F6C-F79F84358D75.jpeg
4421ED84-FAF2-4692-9926-2B542F42B00F.jpeg

What’s accomplished and she still gets out anyways! More higher fence needed in the front. 😳View attachment 2059331View attachment 2059332View attachment 2059333View attachment 2059334View attachment 2059336
Ok, the back, where there is the tarp Ed area...is she jumping on top of there and then getting over? How high is all the fencing now? Is it sturdy enough, or does it give enough for her to jump and it give away to her weight? If that’s the case, she might get hurt in in one day. I have cattle pan less, my goat with horns got stuck where the poles meets the holes last year. We had to go around and put 2x4” by every space so she couldn’t get her head caught again. Is there anyway to expand the pen? I know it’s a very big expense, but, to be perfectly honest, goats need more space. Or...last year, before I had my goats trained to be free range, we would tie them them out. You only need to tie up one goat...the other won’t leave.if you use a long tie down, they have a nice long area to move around and play. Gives them a change of scenery.my pen is large, but we wanted our goats to get to know us, so we put them by us..it helped a lot, they felt like they were helping. But, we kept them within the area they are allowed to free range in. You might want to try it? Get a heavy duty dog tie out. 😍❤️

Ok, the back, where there is the tarp Ed area...is she jumping on top of there and then getting over? How high is all the fencing now? Is it sturdy enough, or does it give enough for her to jump and it give away to her weight? If that’s the case, she might get hurt in in one day. I have cattle pan less, my goat with horns got stuck where the poles meets the holes last year. We had to go around and put 2x4” by every space so she couldn’t get her head caught again. Is there anyway to expand the pen? I know it’s a very big expense, but, to be perfectly honest, goats need more space. Or...last year, before I had my goats trained to be free range, we would tie them them out. You only need to tie up one goat...the other won’t leave.if you use a long tie down, they have a nice long area to move around and play. Gives them a change of scenery.my pen is large, but we wanted our goats to get to know us, so we put them by us..it helped a lot, they felt like they were helping. But, we kept them within the area they are allowed to free range in. You might want to try it? Get a heavy duty dog tie out. 😍
The tarpped thing is my kennel they are in. That's the front of the yard. They can't jump up on the kennel anymore. I guess it's hard to explain. The pen yard is really big. It's perfect for two goats or even a couple more. The fence is sturdy. I have only the the front of the pen to change to a higher fence. Probably about 100 feet..👍
I will tether them up once the snow all melts. Currently we still have about 2 feet of snow everywhere. Hopefully next weekend I'll get it finished..👍😂

Last edited:
Good morning :frow
Busy day today~ I have the vet coming over at 1 to give my goats their rabies shot. Then after that i'm picking up another goat 😅 Made an investment in a breeding buck with some pretty great milking lines! His name is cappuccino, here are some pics from the breeder (Can't get over how pretty he is :love)
01414_HVxvtHTPXJ_600x450.jpg
00606_9A6aAGglVqu_600x450.jpg

Super excited to be adding him to our herd :wee

Good morning :frow
Busy day today~ I have the vet coming over at 1 to give my goats their rabies shot. Then after that i'm picking up another goat 😅 Made an investment in a breeding buck with some pretty great milking lines! His name is cappuccino, here are some pics from the breeder (Can't get over how pretty he is :love)
View attachment 2059803View attachment 2059802

Super excited to be adding him to our herd :wee
He is a really pretty Buck..Do still have the other Buck too?
How are all the kids doing?

I tried to buy a doe today...alpine....the ad said doe...she was pictured with the kids....but he was selling the kids...big bummer. I told him to keep my number. He is a good looker!! @chickens really ...I see all your snow! Ours just melted,but we got more today and it’s coming down like crazy right now...ugh!! I’m glad your goaties have a lot of space and so much love from you...I’m glad you are not parting with them!! I think tying them out will help too! :)

I tried to buy a doe today...alpine....the ad said doe...she was pictured with the kids....but he was selling the kids...big bummer. I told him to keep my number. He is a good looker!! @chickens really ...I see all your snow! Ours just melted,but we got more today and it’s coming down like crazy right now...ugh!!
Yes lots of snow and expecting more today too. Fancy is in heat so she won't stop crying. :th
I still have the blue fence and just need to buy more 2X4s and another roll of wire.👍😂🐐🐐

Back
Top Bottom