1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Getting hatching eggs or chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by firefighter12, Nov 7, 2015.

1. firefighter12

firefighter12 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2015
    Hey everybody. I'm a little upset. I can't find anyone near me that will send me hatching eggs or chicks!! I've tried all the web sites and nothing has worked!! Can someone please tell me if they know anybody that will ship to Oregon? Thank you guys so much!!!

2. creamerschicken

creamerschicken New Egg

Nov 7, 2015
    A lot of birds are molting and people just don't have the eggs to ship. What breeds are you looking for?

3. firefighter12

firefighter12 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm really just looking for anything people have as long as i can show it

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree it's not the greatest time of year for hatching eggs. But, I have put a wanted ad in the farm and garden section of my local CL and gotten good responses. Or, there are some hatcheries that sell hatching eggs and I think they're in stock now. But chicks are hard to come by in November. Come Feb or March you'll have much better responses.

5. MicroMaverick

MicroMaverick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2015
    Inwood, Iowa
    There are a large variety of groups and pages on Facebook and many ship birds and hatching eggs.
    Plus eBay of course.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by