getting impatient!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by herechicky, Jul 21, 2010.

1. herechicky

herechicky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    I got four chicks right before easter this year. no eggs yet. they pretty much roam the backyard. i'm wondering if they are hiding them somewhere??

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Don't know.. But I hatched some of mine in March and no eggs yet. They aren't old enough yet. So depending on how old yours were when you got them, they may not be either.... But happy hunting if they are!!

3. DVTO2

DVTO2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    My Golden Comets, which I got 10 days before Easter, are early egg layers and are just starting to lay - only two of my seven, I think. So, depending on your breed, it may be a bit early.

4. herechicky

herechicky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    oh ok! good to know. I thought maybe I got duds. lol!

5. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Most hens are 5 months when they start laying so... idk

6. Rennie

Rennie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Quote:Lol .. I think we all think that when we get new young birds .. Soon changes though

7. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have 3 bantams (Sebright, Sultan and a Buff Cochin). [​IMG] They free-range in our little suburban back yard all day and I know that I will be looking for their eggs in the mulch or in the shed. [​IMG] I am working on a new coop and hopefully once they run is completed, I will have a KNOWN location for eggs. [​IMG] Until then, the hunt is on! [​IMG] They will be 5 months old on Friday the 23rd! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by