getting leg bands, help deciding whet to get!

pekin queen

Crowing
Jan 29, 2022
the middle of no where
so i have been looking at getting leg bands for my chicks (and my big chickens but i think i know what i want for them all ready) for any one who wants to know my chicks are pekin/cochin bantams and i need bands that will come off when the chicks get to big,

i have found these has any one ever had these with any good luck? and will they fit?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...516553245175583961e3657!10000015609231907!sea

you could get these ones, they are reusable and will expand when the chickens get older, when the chickens are small they roll up, and when they get bigger they unroll to fit the chicken's leg.

Attachments

• 1655335949214.png
    1655335949214.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 4
The coiled ones are difficult to put on without deforming them and they do get too tight sometimes. I'm not nearly responsible enough for colored zip ties because you have to really stay on top of replacing them as the bird grows to avoid serious damage. Then, I bought these for adult chickens and ducks. They will pop off if the bird out-grows them but they never get tight enough to damage the skin. Still looking for something better.

Last edited:
The coiled ones are difficult to put on without deforming them and they do get too tight sometimes. I'm not nearly responsible enough for colored zip ties because you have to really stay on top of replacing them as the bird grows to avoid serious damage. Then, I bought these for adult chickens and ducks. They will pop off if the bird out-grows them but they never get tight enough to damage the skin. Still looking for something better.
Do you think these would work for 12 week old silkies?

Back
Top Bottom