Getting married but my feet are on fire

I'm so sick of talking about wedding stuff. I just want to get on with our lives together and be DONE. Is that selfish or is this feeling normal?
It sounds like you are having "cold feet" about all of the fanfare and hype, which is so understandable because it's the temporary stuff - and it's a headache! You're not selfish because what others think is right or wrong isn't what is necessarily what is right or wrong for YOU. If anyone thinks you're selfish, it's probably because they are, lol. On the day of, all the planning and silly details will fall away and the real meaning of the day will be all that's left. Happy early wedding day! 💐👰💒

It sounds like you are having "cold feet" about all of the fanfare and hype, which is so understandable because it's the temporary stuff - and it's a headache! You're not selfish because what others think is right or wrong isn't what is necessarily what is right or wrong for YOU. If anyone thinks you're selfish, it's probably because they are, lol. On the day of, all the planning and silly details will fall away and the real meaning of the day will be all that's left. Happy early wedding day! 💐👰💒
Thank you for your kind words. But yes, when we first got engaged it was a huge deal but now its like...meh. My brother called me about a month ago and said he already bought his plane ticket and that even though he was going to disney in a week he was more excited for my wedding. At first I thought he was just being nice, because no way is our wedding going to be better than disney, but he was being sincere. His best man is all about it too. He's put far more thought into the bachelor/bachelorette party than I have. He even went so far as to say "this is what we need to get out of covid". I dont think Ive ever been that excited for a wedding and this is my own! I guess I've just loved him so long and we've been together so long it just feels like we're already married and this is just signing a piece of paper.

The two memorable part of my wedding as bad as it sounds. Me and the groomsmen were in our part of the church (a tiny room leading to the choir) waiting to get started and one of the guys had some very strong gas. It’s was like a dog fart bad. Everyone was playing the 5 year old wasn’t me game and at about the peak of the horrible aroma the preacher walks in looks around grunts and says you all need prayer everyone lost it. This was my wife’s preacher. The one she has had since childhood so needless to say he wasn’t too impressed.
The other was when the preacher lost his place holder after bobbling his Bible. He was a small country church preacher and my family is rather large. He was nervous and I can still hear the sound of him flipping back and forth looking for his spot.
Ours was a mid day ceremony and we only served desserts to cut cost
You will have a good time and laugh at all the follies and mishaps years later and be glad you have them.
Don’t stress and remember it’s your day and everyone will understand if you are slightly irrational and snippy.

The two memorable part of my wedding as bad as it sounds. Me and the groomsmen were in our part of the church (a tiny room leading to the choir) waiting to get started and one of the guys had some very strong gas. It’s was like a dog fart bad. Everyone was playing the 5 year old wasn’t me game and at about the peak of the horrible aroma the preacher walks in looks around grunts and says you all need prayer everyone lost it. This was my wife’s preacher. The one she has had since childhood so needless to say he wasn’t too impressed.
The other was when the preacher lost his place holder after bobbling his Bible. He was a small country church preacher and my family is rather large. He was nervous and I can still hear the sound of him flipping back and forth looking for his spot.
Ours was a mid day ceremony and we only served desserts to cut cost
You will have a good time and laugh at all the follies and mishaps years later and be glad you have them.
Don’t stress and remember it’s your day and everyone will understand if you are slightly irrational and snippy.
I remember my sisters wedding very clearly because nothing went right. Her hairstylist was a whole hour late which pushed back everything. It rained and it was an outdoor wedding so everyone in heels was sinking into the ground. I ended up twisting my ankle so I couldnt even dance. There was no menu so everybody thought the appetizers were the meal. The caterer screwed up the fajita bar so my sister couldnt even eat the food. No one understood that the topping bar was for the cupcakes so we had people just walking around eating all the toppings. The caterer also didnt bring any spoons for the toppings so people were using their bare hands. She had a live band that didnt know any songs other than their own so most people just hung out by the horses and talked. It was the only wedding I've ever been to where only the bride and groom danced. If my wedding is a tiny bit better than that...I'll be blessed. I know some things dont quite go as planned and I'm realistic about it. Now if the photographer, caterer, etc is late or doesnt show...yea I'm going Bridezilla. But thats a service I'm paying for. But if say a kid starts crying during the service...whatever. I'm gonna look my husband deep in the eyes and just sigh. You can't sweat the small stuff but if I'm paying you 2 grand to take pretty pictures you better be there

My husband had a fire under his feet but I had semi cold feet because I didn't love him (long story) and he lived out of state and I was terribly sad at the prospect of leaving my best friend.
But now, 6.5 years later, it's been wonderful. I've never regretted my decision for a minute and I love him to pieces.
It sounds perfectly normal, especially considering you said you've been together for a long time. Take care and God bless you both 💞

My husband had a fire under his feet but I had semi cold feet because I didn't love him (long story) and he lived out of state and I was terribly sad at the prospect of leaving my best friend.
But now, 6.5 years later, it's been wonderful. I've never regretted my decision for a minute and I love him to pieces.
It sounds perfectly normal, especially considering you said you've been together for a long time. Take care and God bless you both 💞
I am very interested in this long story. It seems like other people always have this great love story and mine is just boring :gig

Okay!

Our families knew each other because my sister married his younger brother, but his family lived 3 hours away, so I didn't get to know the rest of the family very well. My husband, Stan, had been in a relationship for 4 years and was planning to marry her, but things got complicated and they ended up breaking up. He was single for quite a long time, but he was actively looking for a wife. No joke, he would drive to out of states singles get togethers to meet potential women who had similar interests and who loved the Lord. (The Lord is a big part of our love story) Out of all these trips, he found five girls at different times that he thought would be good wife material, but for whatever reason, either the girls or their dads turned them down. It was very frustrating for him, as he greatly longed for companionship in his life, but he kept praying and waiting and searching.
One day his mom was at the store with my sister and they were shopping. She saw a mug which had the Bible verse on it: "The Lord will give you grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them which walk uprightly'. His mom thought, "oh, neat!" And went to show my sister, whose name is Grace. After she put the mug back, she felt the Lord press on her heart that the message on the mug was for her. And she thought that was kind of interesting, considering that Grace had a sister named Glory (yours truly). The next time she was on the phone with Stan, she mentioned that she had a verse for him to look up. Stan grabbed his Bible and opened it and said, "what was that verse?" And when she told him the reference, he looked down and he was already opened to the page! They both thought that was veeeeeerrrrry interesting. He ended up calling my dad to see if it was okay if he could come over and start a relationship with me. While he was waiting to hear back from my dad, he went over to his grandfather's house. His grandfather has a screensaver that shows random Bible verses. When Stan was telling the story about the mug, the verse he was talking about showed up on the screen. 😱
My dad asked me if I was interested in getting to know him better and I said yes. Even though he lived out of state about 9 and 1/2 hours away, he drove up every other weekend to see me. Because of the verse showing up so many times, he felt certain I was the one God had for him to marry (He didn't tell me this for a while, because he didn't want to pressure me. He wanted me to make up my own mind about our relationship). He proposed to me after we have been seeing each other for about 3 months. I said yes, not because I loved him, but because he was a good man and it felt right. I didn't tell anyone at the time that I was not in love with him because I knew everyone would tell me I was crazy to marry a man I didn't even love. I was also experiencing a lot of emotional/verbal abuse at home from my mother and needed an escape. We planned our wedding for the fall. After we had been engaged about a month and a half, I was getting serious cold feet because of my best friend. She was my lifeline because of the relationship with my mother and I really couldn't bear the thought of having to move away and not be near her. I told Stan I wanted to wait till spring for the wedding. He was saddened, but was willing to wait. I remember calling my mom to talk to her about it and she pressured me into changing my mind so I went and told Stan we could get married in the fall. I felt trapped.
All of the wedding plans proceeded and we got married in October. It was hard and painful leaving my best friend and unfortunately she and I have almost no contact today. Ironic, huh?
But marrying him then ended up being great for my life. I ended up getting pregnant right away and we have a beautiful girl who wouldn't be here if we had waited.
The words Ma Graham spoke, "Love comes softly" is what happened to me.
My husband is such a good man. He saw potential in me, which only my best friend and my dad had up to that point, and to help me grow into the person I am today. He loves to say things like, "The bud is blossoming" or that he "finally opened the clamshell and found the pearl" (I tend to internalize and not talk as much so it can be hard to know what I'm thinking. He jokes that he has to pry open the shell on occasion).
So there's my long story. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. 😂
It is ironic. Dont you think? A little too ironic...yea, I really do think...its like rain on your wedding day :gig

Back
Top Bottom