Getting more chicks from Ideal!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Harley's girl, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

They are due to ship out on the 4th of Feb! I am getting Egyptian Fayoumi's and some Ideals best (looks likes a leghorn)! And 2 of my friends went in on the order with me! My one friend is getting black breasted red kraienkoppe's and some other breeds and my other friend is getting white laced red cornish and RIR. We are really excited to get our new chicks! I wanted to get some barnvelders and welsummers but they are already sold out til March and April! So I can wait and order again later!

What will you get this year? [​IMG]

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Congratulations on your order! [​IMG] I am not sure what I am getting yet, I ordered from Ideal this time, I ordered their surprise
    pullet special which is suppose to be a mix of 5 breeds. Any idea what I will get? My order ships out to me on 1/28.

3. Harley's girl

When I got the heavy pullets I got buff brahmas, black sex link, and easter eggers. But that was in Oct. and they did not have too much of a selection! I bet you will get some good ones!!! Oh and they tell you what they sent on the packing slip so you don't have to guess. [​IMG]

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I am not ordering from a hatchery this year, i am gonna hatch eggs under my broodies [​IMG]. Thats what i say now but DH wants to order from mcmurrays or strombergs in the early spring so we will ssee what happens.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  5. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Awsome thank you! [​IMG] I can't wait!! [​IMG] I have 28 eggs in bator right now due to hatch the 30th [​IMG]

6. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    I plan to place my order this weekend. Marans and EE's(I got the EE fever as soon as I got that first green egg)!

7. Harley's girl

I sell my eggs to a local bakery and they are Amish. Well the one lady came up to me with big eyes and asked. "Where did you get those green eggs?" I giggled and told her about the breed. [​IMG]

8. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

My Ideal order is being shipped TODAY!!! [​IMG]

I can't wait...I'm getting 2 EE, 2 RIR, 2 BO, 2 Ideal 236, 2 Danish Brown Leghorn. I'm sure they'll add a few packing peanuts too, so I'm curious to see what comes. Oh, and I already got my 2 adorable Silkies from Danny on Monday.

9. Harley's girl

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am in Ohio and mine were shipped on Wed and I got them Friday! I hope you get yours just as fast!!!! [​IMG]

ETA: I just seen it says you are in TX I bet you get them today! You will have to post pics when you get them!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Very nice, my 26 layers are coming next weeked!!! It is driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by