1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Getting more chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Acre of Blessings, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Today I called Leggets feed store, where I got all my chicks [​IMG], for a friend that wanted some ducks. Well I spoke to the fellow that I dealt with when I got my chicks and he told me that I had 4 more White Leghorns that will be coming in next week.

Well this happened because he thought this past Wednesday he would only get 4 so I said O.K. Well then all 12 came in on Wednesday but he kept the order for the other 4. So now I will have a total of 44 chickens.

My husband is going to [​IMG] out when he finds out [​IMG], Then maybe he won't. Have any of you had this happen before? [​IMG]

It's O.K. with me but I was also wondering.......If there are other chickens close by will they come to where yours are?

2. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    How will he possibly notice 4 more mixed in with the forty?! Too funny. I'd tell him they gave you extras the first time.....if he even notices. I think they will fit in your pocket or purse so he'll never see you bringing them home.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by