Getting nervous!!! 1st competition in 5 years!!!

jettgirl24

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Duvall, WA
It just dawned on me that I've only got 11 days left until my first dressage competition in 5 years!!!
ep.gif

I haven't competed since I retired my gelding and my first time back out I'm trying to qualify for USDF region 6 championships. Luckily I've got a great trainer and a gorgeous horse. I've also been working my booty off for the last 9 months, but I can't help but feel the pressure to perfect those flying changes and half passes!!! Fingers crossed that we get through it and will be on our way to championships
fl.gif

Thanks guys! I will post photos and hopefully video... I've got my BF in charge of that so hopefully he'll get some good stuff
big_smile.png

It is so beautiful, which is why I moved from eventing to straight dressage. One of the girls from my barn is on her way back from Young Riders championships in Kentucky and I just saw the video of her ride... It's just gorgeous. She is a beautiful rider, I can only hope to look half as good in my rides! LOL

Here she is riding to an individual gold last weekend!
big_smile.png

http://www.clubequestrian.com/videos/watch/1733.aspx

Good luck! You must be at 3rd level or so to do flying changes and lateral moves. One of my friends who is in her 50s rides dressage after 20 some years without horses. I school it and used to compete at Training and First level with my Arabian mare (the one in my avatar). Even though I only distance ride now, I still school lower level dressage to help with carriage and suppleness.

Have fun!

Pics of horse would be nice too.

Back
Top Bottom