Getting nervous!!! 1st competition in 5 years!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jettgirl24, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    It just dawned on me that I've only got 11 days left until my first dressage competition in 5 years!!! [​IMG]
    I haven't competed since I retired my gelding and my first time back out I'm trying to qualify for USDF region 6 championships. Luckily I've got a great trainer and a gorgeous horse. I've also been working my booty off for the last 9 months, but I can't help but feel the pressure to perfect those flying changes and half passes!!! Fingers crossed that we get through it and will be on our way to championships [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Oh PLEASE post photos and video!!! I absolutely love dressage! Pretty please with a cherry on top?!

3. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Quote:I second that!

4. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I just want to wish you luck.

5. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Ooh! I love dressage! I have my hunter/jumper shows coming up soon. Good luck! And post photos!

6. jettgirl24

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Thanks guys! I will post photos and hopefully video... I've got my BF in charge of that so hopefully he'll get some good stuff [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    WEEEE!!! So excited! I just love watching the horses dance!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Me too I love to watch dressage! Such disclipine and high training for those horses and riders!

9. jettgirl24

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    It is so beautiful, which is why I moved from eventing to straight dressage. One of the girls from my barn is on her way back from Young Riders championships in Kentucky and I just saw the video of her ride... It's just gorgeous. She is a beautiful rider, I can only hope to look half as good in my rides! LOL

Here she is riding to an individual gold last weekend! [​IMG]

http://www.clubequestrian.com/videos/watch/1733.aspx

10. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Good luck! You must be at 3rd level or so to do flying changes and lateral moves. One of my friends who is in her 50s rides dressage after 20 some years without horses. I school it and used to compete at Training and First level with my Arabian mare (the one in my avatar). Even though I only distance ride now, I still school lower level dressage to help with carriage and suppleness.

Have fun!

Pics of horse would be nice too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by