Getting new chickies!

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
I just accidentally ordered 5 more chicks to arrive in October.... and by accidentally I mean on purpose... just impulsively.
1f602.png
1f602.png

4 gorgeous breeds I have wanted since last year and 1 free chick. Kinda excited though tbh.

And if we're being entirely honest it wasn't entirely impulsive... I've been wanting to hit order and adding and removing them to and from my cart for days soooo :p plus like I said I've wanted them for a long time and they were sold out last year when I got my first. And I've actually checked the site trying to order them off and on through this year too and they were always sold out. They were FINALLY available. Some limited availability. So I just haaaaaddddd to...... right???

1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Speckled Sussex and 1 Meyer Meal Maker (free chick).

I didn't originally want the Partridge Rock but they're gorgeous. And I wanted to add Buff Brahma and another Barred Rock a few days ago but decided I should only get 4 more birds. Then I wanted a Brahma rooster and almost added it tonight but decided we can't have one no matter how badly I want one. What's funny though is I decide I can only add 4 more... yet can't resist the Meyer Meal Maker...

I got one last year and I can't wait to see the surprise. Last year I got 2 each of Barred Rock (1 died at 6 days), Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, and Easter Egger, so the free chick was an easy choice, they just added another Buff Orp, which I was glad about, but this year because I got 4 different breeds and somewhat rarer or at least less availability/more popular breeds and stuff I have no clue what the free chick will be. Could be anything. So I can't wait to see what it is. That's part of why I ordered it. Can't resist surprise
1f602.png

Ordered from Meyer Hatchery again. And similar time. My current 8 I got October 26th hatch date, this year is October 11. Latest available date atm. But yeah.

I just accidentally ordered 5 more chicks to arrive in October.... and by accidentally I mean on purpose... just impulsively.
1f602.png
1f602.png

4 gorgeous breeds I have wanted since last year and 1 free chick. Kinda excited though tbh.

And if we're being entirely honest it wasn't entirely impulsive... I've been wanting to hit order and adding and removing them to and from my cart for days soooo :p plus like I said I've wanted them for a long time and they were sold out last year when I got my first. And I've actually checked the site trying to order them off and on through this year too and they were always sold out. They were FINALLY available. Some limited availability. So I just haaaaaddddd to...... right???

1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Partridge Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Speckled Sussex and 1 Meyer Meal Maker (free chick).

I didn't originally want the Partridge Rock but they're gorgeous. And I wanted to add Buff Brahma and another Barred Rock a few days ago but decided I should only get 4 more birds. Then I wanted a Brahma rooster and almost added it tonight but decided we can't have one no matter how badly I want one. What's funny though is I decide I can only add 4 more... yet can't resist the Meyer Meal Maker...

I got one last year and I can't wait to see the surprise. Last year I got 2 each of Barred Rock (1 died at 6 days), Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, and Easter Egger, so the free chick was an easy choice, they just added another Buff Orp, which I was glad about, but this year because I got 4 different breeds and somewhat rarer or at least less availability/more popular breeds and stuff I have no clue what the free chick will be. Could be anything. So I can't wait to see what it is. That's part of why I ordered it. Can't resist surprise
1f602.png

Ordered from Meyer Hatchery again. And similar time. My current 8 I got October 26th hatch date, this year is October 11. Latest available date atm. But yeah.
Welcome @TheDawg ! Congratulations 👏
What was the free one?

I never got my Wyandottes 😭😭😭 did end up getting my Speckled Sussex and Partridge Rock a few years later though in spring 2019 along with 3 others. :love

Back
Top Bottom