getting new chicks from cackle?

minicows13

Hatching
11 Years
Jun 15, 2008
Florida
hey
I'm a bit worried about ordering from cackle.

from what i have heard, the customer service isnt all there.
however no one mentions that their birds have died.

should i order from them?
there one of the few hatcheries that ship a min. of 15 birds, which is what i can only manage right now.

any other hatchery suggestions?

thanks

Try Ideal they have allow a very small order I am getting only 6 from them next week and they have a 20 dollar minium order and that can be for anything they sell. My order is just over 20 dollars and that includes the very inexpesive insurance for them to ship. I hear that My Pet Chicken is very good also.

My girls are two weeks old and seem perfectly healthy. I didn't loose any of them. They even sent an extra. I didn't have any problem at all with Cackle's service. I placed my order, waited for confirmation then picked up the chicks at the post office. Smooth as silk. Now if you change your mind a week after you've ordered them, try to call to cancel or change or order or whatever, that seems to be when folks are having problems. But as long as you are patient with the process, it's worth the wait.

I have 4 chicks from Cackle, via my local feed store. I wanted 3 but got an extra just in case and they are all happy and healthy. No problems at all with them.

Honestly, Cackle has very good chicks at very good prices. It is just that they are slow. The reason they are slow is that they are getting so many orders that it is taking them a while to fill all of them. If you want a good-healthy bird and don't mind waiting I would order from them. If you don't want to wait. I would go with another company. Cackle has nice people working for them like I said it is just slow.

The only thing worng with there customer service I find there phone is always busy.Seems like they have one phone for the whole place. I had a order that the post office routed worng and most of the chicks showed up DOA so Cackle replaced all 15 for me.

I ordered from Cackle last spring. I got their frying pan special (25 heavy birds which all turned out to be roos--I knew it would probably happen, so no big deal. this time I made sure to get some pullets) and their waterfowl special which was 4 geese and 6 ducks. Two of the ducks were DOA, and I lost one chick (a packing peanut) about four days in, but everyone else was healthy and happy. One duck has a crooked neck, but he seems to get along fine, and he looked perfectly normal when they arrived.

They even refunded me a few dollars for the dead ducks, even though I got a killer deal on them. I ended up with 1 gander (White Chinese) and three geese (white Chinese, Talouse, and African), 3 drakes (2-white Pekin, 1 khaki Campbell) and 1 duck hen-a Cayuga. I ordered online and received confirmation in the mail a few days (maybe a week) later.

When I called about the dead ducklings, I did spend a while on hold, but they were very nice, and though it took several weeks for the refund to come through on my debit card, it did come, so all in all, it was a good experience for me. They were more than a month from order to ship dates when I got mine, but I ordered much earlier in the year, so you might have better luck now.

Back
Top Bottom