Getting our chickens tomorrow.

Ginger Dempsey

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2020
Cataula Georgia
We currently have one chicken that is living with our turkeys, but we finally finished the coop and we are getting more chickens tomorrow. I was wondering if someone could tell me about how many chickens could live comfortably in our coop. We are new to having chickens so let me know if you see any potential problems with our coop. We have since added a door to the laying house so don't worry it will not be open like that.

Attachments

• M2NREgzJTMSc+RO6JhyNDw.jpg
    M2NREgzJTMSc+RO6JhyNDw.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 24
  • izbUHL7sS7WcWTP+lDR9kw.jpg
    izbUHL7sS7WcWTP+lDR9kw.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 24
  • aVb9K9yJTdWjC4kIBMDqZg.jpg
    aVb9K9yJTdWjC4kIBMDqZg.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 22
  • eL+zbKfzQZGwd8OgpNVvlg.jpg
    eL+zbKfzQZGwd8OgpNVvlg.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 21
What are the dimensions of the coop and the run?
X2

A general rule of thumb is 4 feet in coop per chicken and 10 feet in run per chicken. But it all depends on the flock and how long they will spend in the coop. And where they spend rainy days and how much time they spend in the run over the course of the day. As well as how well your birds get along. And the size of your birds.

We currently have one chicken that is living with our turkeys, but we finally finished the coop and we are getting more chickens tomorrow. I was wondering if someone could tell me about how many chickens could live comfortably in our coop. We are new to having chickens so let me know if you see any potential problems with our coop. We have since added a door to the laying house so don't worry it will not be open like that.
The coop itself is 6ft square and the run is 6 x 10

We can assume the turkeys will not be sharing this enclosure?
Agrees 6 chickens in a 6x6' coop would be good.
Might need more ventilation in your climate.

Back
Top Bottom