Getting quails to eat fruits and veggies + lonely quail

i feel you so much. I too started with 3 ( the 2 terned out males. It was a nightmare! Sleepless nights of crowing šŸ¤£). I keep 7 now at my balcony in a big big cage. how big is your coop? When they fight i keep them apart with a simple plastic grid so they can be together but safe. Any chance getting une more to keep company to the lonely one? I treet them with basil leaves every time I pass by. so they will be happy to see me šŸ˜Š.
I only have 3 at the moment, 2 in the the aviary which is about 4 meters in length and 1 in the rabbit hutch, which is about 2 meters in length with a half meter house she can climb up to if she feels scared. I used to have 4, (3 female and 1 male) and they all got along so well but one of my females died :hit. I am unable to get another quail but I'm going to do what NatJ said and put the rabbit hutch on the aviary ground so they can interact through the mesh. Thank you for the help!!! :)

I only have 3 at the moment, 2 in the the aviary which is about 4 meters in length and 1 in the rabbit hutch, which is about 2 meters in length with a half meter house she can climb up to if she feels scared. I used to have 4, (3 female and 1 male) and they all got along so well but one of my females died :hit. I am unable to get another quail but I'm going to do what NatJ said and put the rabbit hutch on the aviary ground so they can interact through the mesh. Thank you for the help!!! :)
4 meters. You are lucky. I hatched and gave away some because I just have a big DIY cage. Try though the plastic mesh if you have so much space. This way you won't have to clean the cage too. Good luck with your lonely hen. The truth is you never know if she would get along with an extra female. Some birds always end up at the bottom of the pecking order.

4 meters. You are lucky. I hatched and gave away some because I just have a big DIY cage. Try though the plastic mesh if you have so much space. This way you won't have to clean the cage too. Good luck with your lonely hen. The truth is you never know if she would get along with an extra female. Some birds always end up at the bottom of the pecking order.
Thank you!!! I hope it will work :)

Back
Top Bottom