1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

getting ready for a show please help! (cochin and polish!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sunket77, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I have a show coming up next week, it is a backyard chicken show and not breed specific. I am entering my 2 EE pullets, my polish pullet, my BR pullet, my BO pullet, 2 of my production red pullets and my precious buff bantam cohin cockerel. The two I am concerned the most about other than just bathing them is my cochin and polish. We had a recent down poor and my polish's head is a little dirty. My little roo's feet are also not in great shape after the story weather. I soaked his feet a while but they see to be stained. Any tips on getting my babies ready to show??? It will be my first show so I can use all the tips I can get!

2. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Oxiclean. It's gritty and lifts stains! It won't hurt their feathers either. Hydrogen peroxide dims stains too, and it's definitely safe for chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by