Getting ready to set 70 eggs tomorrow :)

greeneggsandham

Songster
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Putnam,CT
I recieved my eggs from Sonew123, Pasofinofarm, and Chicken Stalker. Everyones eggs arrived in perfect condition. They are all beautiful eggs and the colors are amazing.
Then my mom gave me 18 of her Cochin eggs to hatch because I'm giving her the Lavendar ones I hatch out. She's to cute love my mom.

I do have one question. My main bator is a hovabator and I purchased a new Little Giant. I know its not the favorite of most, but it has been holding the temp steady for two days. I have a fan coming in on Friday for it. Should I wait to put some of the eggs in there until I get the fan in or just do a still air hatch?

i would set the eggs now and install the fan later. when you have more time for temp adjustments. i would run the bator with the new fan installed for a few days, just to make sure temp and humidity stay were you want it. when i installed a fan in my hova, the water didnt last as long in the treys. i would do a trial run before setting eggs. good luck

Thanks Bigdawg. I'm going to put most of the eggs in the Hovabator since it has a fan and I've used it two years in a row already. What is left will go in the Little Giant.
Tonight can't get here fast enough.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom