Getting rid of a woodchuck

I heard that if you take a dish and put in antifreeze, a can of coke and marshmellows that is suppose to take care of woodchucks. Heard that from an old guy that works for the forest service that has to deal with chucks all the time. They are suppose to just love the coke and marshmellows and it covers the taste of the antifreeze. Good luck, I know how destructive woodchucks can be. I have a shed that they burrowed under. My Dad's car fell thru once. Chased him out of there and he took up residence in the old barn. We burned the barn.....got rid of him. (Barn fell down in a storm and was a safety hazard). We tell the neighbors that a match will work. Our chuck was gone before I heard of the antifreeze, but the antifreeze sounds much easier.

we found where he was going under our shed and placed a leg tap right next to a pile of apples and it did the trick. my son shot it after it was trapped.

They're really wary and extremely vigilant when they're above ground, so they can be elusive if your trying to shoot one.. I managed to get one with a Marlin 30/30 once, but that was only after several tries and a very lucky shot. They hear EXTREMELY well..

I'd say, see if you can trap it. I've heard apple slices are the way to go, as far as bait..

Back
Top Bottom