Getting sad.......eggs aren't developing

ok thank you everyone, I did it and only put one hygrometer in the bag. I used 1/2 cup salt and 1/4 cup water and put a plastic cup in a ziploc freezer bag? I put it in at 5:20 pm So I will read it tom. Question should i check it at 5am tom morning or can it wait til later? If I don't get up at 5am will it affect the reading is what I mean? Or if for 8 hours could I check it tonight at 1am? Cuz I am usually up that late?

Last edited:
OK one more question lol Is there a way to calibrate the Temperature? OK never mind I read and I don't think I can it doesn't have a probe of any kind or a hex nut, guess i am gonna buy a mercury thermometer.

Last edited:
Well I calibrated two of my hygrometers and one was 76% after 12 hours, and the other was 71% just now after 8hours. So can the humidity be that different in different spots in the incubator? Would a fan help this issue?

Not sure if there is a thread on this (I'm sure there is). But can you put a homemade fan in a LG still air incubator? Anyone have plans or ideas for this. What kind of fan to buy and how to wire it up? Do you cut a hole in the styrofoam?

Quote:
I have read on here where lots of people have put PC fans in the still air bators - I don't know exactly how they did it, but I think it would solve pretty much all your problems...
wink.png

No it was 76% humidity in the bag when I calibrated it.

"UPDATE" I know I wasn't supposed to touch eggs til day ten but I checked today which was day 6 there was no growth in any but one that I bought. I even took them all out of incubator and cracked open the eggs because I wanted to "see" was nothing to see really most of the eggs came out like a normal egg you are gonna eat, yolk intack and the little white spot. And a few others were like scrambled eggs with a little white stuff inside but no blood at all in any of them? Think maybe they could have been jumbled around too much in the mail? So I have four of my chickens eggs in the incubator coming along nicely, and one from the shipped eggs marked TP that is alive and well. I very excited to see that one hatch!!! Wish me luck now I will just leave them all alone and wait til they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom