Getting slamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has always been my philosophy that everyone gets to be who they are...everyone is not going to like me and I am not going to like everyone but, everyone gets to be who they are...life is so much calmer inside and out when we are not out to convert everyone and make them just like us...if someone trys to push me, I will peck them like a mad hen, but if I am accepted/respected as I am, we can be the best of friends...if that does not work for someone, he or she, is welcome to go home...I'm just sayin'...

Quote:
I have the same problem.
sad.png

Just my ten dollars worth (inflation, you know), but with 40K members, someone is always going to disagree with you, always. Some will not be so tactful in expressing it, either.
So, in the end, who cares? You'll probably never meet most of these folks in your lifetime and if you did, you probably wouldn't realize who they are. People also tend to speak their mind more if they are not face-to-face with someone, not mince words, not be as mindful of your feelings; I bet many of them are much nicer people than they may come across typing words on a screen. Maybe some are not so nice, but, again, who cares, really? Just turn them off. This is not your real life.
wink.png
Not everybody agrees with me, either, or even likes me much. <<<insert shoulder shrug here>>>

Your not alone. When I first joined this site. I was totally a newbie to incubating. And my first incubator was a home made one. I just cruised the internet for instructions. And when I posted about my experiances. There was some one on here that tried to make me feel real bad. Saying that I shouldnt even try to incubate eggs if I didnt know what I was doing. I killed a whole bunch of babies.

Well this place supposed to help people figure it out. And there was many people that encouraged me to try again. Eventually I figured it out. And now I know how to hatch. But I did buy a real bator. I will try again on a home made one when I have more experiance at hatching.

This is a place of opinions and learning. Dont listen to the ones that bug you. Shrug them off and enjoy and the very friendly members. Give BYC a chance. There are wonderful people here.

See you around the forums.

I wouldnt want anyone to feel like they weren't welcome to participate in the forum based on a literacy issue. BYC is about poultry not a site for proofreaders.

I work with families who have low literacy levels but have very valuable information to share. I applaud them and anyone else who is willing to step out of their comfort zone and post regardless of their ability to spell or use proper grammar.

JMHO and no offense intended to anyone. Literacy is just one of my soap boxes.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom