Getting some goslings next month and need some info (I am trying to decide whether I should get toul

I have to get 6 goslings, it's state law, i think it's a stupid law, why can't it be 3 instead?!

I have to get 6 goslings, it's state law, i think it's a stupid law, why can't it be 3 instead?!
At first I thought you must be kidding but sure enough several states in the North East do have state laws requiring a minimum purchase of at least 6 birds for domestic fowl. The crazy thing is that the minimum of six often exceeds the city law restricting ownership of fowl in the city limits to either 4 or 5. Sounds like they are trying to make it impossible to own poultry. The state requires you to brake the city law by exceedint their limitation and the city requires you to purchase fewer birds than the state requires so you brake the state law. Catch 22

This mainly is in affect for large scale breeders,hatcheries, and stores that sell birds. But it's still pretty dumb to me

I'm thinking about getting a pair of pilgrims, I hear they are good for beginners, so.

I have toulouse on my pond- 2 are mates and one is lonely so I just ordered some goslings to hopefully bond with her and have her own flock. She lets us pet her and we didn't raise her- she came across from a neighbors pond that was too small. She follows us everywhere when we are at the farm. Here she is helping me weed the garden

I have toulouse on my pond- 2 are mates and one is lonely so I just ordered some goslings to hopefully bond with her and have her own flock. She lets us pet her and we didn't raise her- she came across from a neighbors pond that was too small. She follows us everywhere when we are at the farm. Here she is helping me weed the garden
Aww how sweet. and she'll love having friends. How do you keep your geese safe from predators?

Welcome to BYC!

Aww how sweet. and she'll love having friends. How do you keep your geese safe from predators?

Welcome to BYC!

They are on their own out there- the neighbors have been taking care of anything they see but since we don't live there they are free range to do as they please. They adopted the place so I guess they feel pretty safe. The original owner comes over and throws feed out for them every so often and when we are there I have food that I put out in the evenings. It is about a 6 acre pond so they have a lot of area to graze and hide out.

Back
Top Bottom