Getting some Khaki Campbells for free :)

agregg15

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
Connecticut
Hi guys
smile.png
My mom found an ad in the paper today for free Khaki Campbells and my mom called and we're getting them
wee.gif
:) Will I be able to just put them in with my mallards and give them some supervision for a while or will they need to be slowly introduced?

When I got my additional Khakis I introduced them slowly to the flock. The original flock was initially not too keen on having new members. So I waiting until the Khakis had feathers and them gradually let them spend more and more time together and eventually the pushing, harassing, of the new Khakis let up enough so I was comfortable letting them all hang out together.

Congratulations on the new birds!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! They are full grown and my mallards are pretty friendly towards other ducks. Next spring I will be getting over 50 eggs a week if my mallards decide to lay. That will be interesting. Thankfully my almost everyone in my house eats eggs and I have neighbors and family who will love some.
lol.png

Man!!! I wish I could find free ducks! I want two khaki females for my khaki male. I have eggs in my incubator their khaki eggs, I am hopeing for arleased two girls, I want all girls so I can sell the others, but I have this bad feeling that they are all gonna be all males
sad.png
I dont know why but its just a feeling.

Quote:
Wait...what!? How many ducks do you have?

If you read his(her) signiture it says she has 4 welsh harlequins, and 4 mallards.

How old are your welsh harlequin? I have 4 welshies as well, but they are only ducklings. I have two adult ducks that I am waiting for them to lay
barnie.gif
they are almost 26 weeks old! And no eggs! Im starting to think they will never lay! I have 1 female rouen, and a female ancona, they are in perfect health! They never molted, never had a problem at all, never got one egg! I hope they lay soon. Thats is what I got the welsh for, I NEED eggs, I WANT EGGS! *sigh*

Quote:
Wait...what!? How many ducks do you have?

If you read his(her) signiture it says she has 4 welsh harlequins, and 4 mallards.

How old are your welsh harlequin? I have 4 welshies as well, but they are only ducklings. I have two adult ducks that I am waiting for them to lay
barnie.gif
they are almost 26 weeks old! And no eggs! Im starting to think they will never lay! I have 1 female rouen, and a female ancona, they are in perfect health! They never molted, never had a problem at all, never got one egg! I hope they lay soon. Thats is what I got the welsh for, I NEED eggs, I WANT EGGS! *sigh*

I'm in the same situation as you.
lol.png
My Welshies (1 boy and 3 girls) are a little older than 3 weeks and my 2 female mallards are over 30 weeks and I haven't seen 1 egg yet. I think TSC sold me defective mallards.

Aaawwww! Your welshie are only a few weeks old! Mine are one week today!!!
lol.png
and I have 1 male and three females to! How many male mallards do you have? I am selling my crested rouens and a normal rouen tomarrow, then I will have......... 12 ducks! Until my eggs hatch. I still cant wait till my welshies are laying
lol.png

I think I know why our ducks arent laying? Its getting cold out, plus mallards Im pretty sure only lay in spring. I think my "rouen" hen is a mallard, im not sure. If I send a pic, do you think you can help me out?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah I thought the same about my mallards. I have 2 mallard drakes (ones a genetic dead end; he won't mate) and 2 mallard ducks. Even if my mallards don't lay I will still have plenty of eggs.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom